Recording, journalizing, and posting transactions for a synoptic journal of a professional service company using a modified cash basis of accounting.
1) One advantage a synoptic journal has over the general journal is that it
A) does not require an understanding of accounting.
B) eliminates the need of a general ledger.
C) reveals more information about a transaction.
D) saves time in posting, recording and journalizing.
2) When using a synoptic journal, the bank balance can be calculated
A) only at the end of the month.
B) only at the end of the week.
C) after totals are proved.
D) at any time.
3) To prove the synoptic journal, the total debits must equal
A) the cash paid.
B) the cash received.
C) total credits.
D) the Sundry column.
4) How is a synoptic journal proved?
A) By comparing total cash paid out with the total cash received
B) By comparing the total debits with the total credits
C) By comparing the Sundry column with the Cash column
D) By comparing the total debits with the cash received
5) The total of the Sundry column is
A) posted on a daily basis.
B) posted as a total at the end of the month.
C) not posted.
D) posted at the end of the year.
6) Instead of using subsidiary ledgers, the modified cash-basis might use
A) memorandum records.
B) special records.
C) synoptic schedules.
D) special ledgers.
7) Under the cash-basis method, the owner's portion of CPP, as well as EI, is
A) not recorded until paid.
B) recorded when incurred.
C) recorded when submitting the T4-T4A Summary.
D) withheld from employees.
8) The entry to record the payment of the employer's CPP and EI contributions using the cash-basis method would be
A) debit Payroll Tax Expense, credit Cash.
B) debit CPP Payable, credit Cash.
C) debit EI Payable, credit Cash.
D) debit Cash, credit Payroll Tax Expense.
9) When using a synoptic journal, adjusting and closing entries are recorded
A) in the general journal.
B) in the Sundry column of the synoptic journal.
C) in the cash payments journal.
D) are not recorded when a synoptic journal is used.
10) Dr. Luther deposited $5,000 cash in her dental practice. She uses a synoptic journal under a modified cash system. How would this transaction be recorded?
A) Debit Luther, Capital $5,000 in the Sundry column, credit Cash $5,000
B) Debit Cash $5,000, credit Professional Fees $5,000
C) Debit Professional Fees $5,000, credit Cash $5,000
D) Credit Luther, Capital $5,000 in the Sundry column, debit Cash $5,000 in the Cash column
Which of the following is true about an oligopoly equilibrium compared with equilibrium under similar circumstances but with perfect competition?a. Output is larger and p...May 12 2021
On June 15, Paradise Park purchased merchandise for the racetrack. The invoice was for $4,500, terms 2/10, n/30. On June 20,Paradise Park returned $200 of merchandise for...Mar 22 2020
When an atom in an excited state returns to its ground state, what happens to the excess energy of the atom?Jul 23 2021
What adjusts to achieve equilibrium expenditure?Nov 28 2019
A supply chain driven by actual customer orders or purchases follows a ______ model.A) pull-based modelB) build-to-stockC) push-basedD) replenishment-drivenApr 18 2021
Write Lewis structures for the following:(a) IO2(b) SiF4(c) BrI3(d) CNJul 24 2021
A linear function is given. (a) Sketch the graph. (b) Find the slope of the graph. (c) Find the rate of change.Jun 17 2021
Show that the function satisfies the differential equationJul 17 2021
Choose the correct answer.The best time for you and (he, him) to enroll is in January.Jun 18 2021
Suppose Americans decide to save more of their incomes. If banks lend this extra saving to businesses, which use the funds to build new factories, how might this lead to ...Jul 11 2021