Recording, journalizing, and posting transactions for a synoptic journal of a merchandising company using the accrual basis of accounting.
1) Rita Knauss invested $2,000 cash and $3,000 worth of office equipment in her new advertising agency business. The transaction would be recorded in a synoptic journal under the accrual basis, as follows:
A) debit Cash $2,000, debit Office Equipment $3,000, credit Knauss, Capital $5,000.
B) debit Knauss, Capital $5,000, credit Office Equipment $3,000, credit Cash $2,000.
C) debit Investment $5,000, credit Knauss, Capital $5,000.
D) debit Sundry $5,000, credit Knauss, Capital $5,000.
2) Barbara's Bakery sold $300 of rolls to Tommy's Sandwich Shop on account. Barbara records this transaction in a synoptic journal under the accrual basis as follows:
A) debit Sales $300, credit Accounts Receivable $300.
B) debit Cash $300, credit Sales $300.
C) debit Accounts Receivable $300, credit Sales $300.
D) debit Accounts Payable $300, credit Sales $300.
3) At the beginning of the month, Seymour's Rack Co. paid $3,600 cash for a one-year fire insurance policy. How would one month's insurance expense be recorded in a synoptic journal under the accrual basis?
A) Debit Insurance Expense $300 in the Sundry column and credit Prepaid Insurance $300 in the Sundry column
B) Debit Insurance Expense $3,600 and credit Prepaid Insurance $3,600 in the Sundry column
C) Debit Insurance Expense $300 in the Sundry column, credit Cash $300
D) Cannot record this transaction in a synoptic journal
4) Which of the following would not be a column used in the synoptic journal of a merchandising business?
D) Amortization Expense
5) A transaction that has a debit to accounts receivable would require a posting to
A) the accounts receivable ledger immediately.
B) the accounts receivable ledger at the end of the month.
C) the accounts receivable account in the general ledger immediately.
D) the accounts receivable account in the general ledger on a weekly basis.
6) Which of the following is true?
A) Synoptic journals are less efficient than special journals.
B) The total of the Cash column would be posted daily.
C) The total of the Sales column is not posted.
D) The total of the Sundry column is not posted.
7) The Sundry columns in the synoptic journal are used to record transactions that do not have a special column.
8) The Accounts Payable debit column in the synoptic journal is used to record amounts owed to creditors.
9) The synoptic journal could have a special column for GST/HST Payable.
10) The headings for the synoptic journal are designed to meet the individual needs of each business.
If the law of one price were true for all goods and services, the purchasing power parity (PPP) exchange rate could be found from any individual set of prices. 22.In the ...Jan 11 2020
What is the SOS system and how does it lead to an increase in mutations?Nov 28 2019
Waldo’s utility function is Uxyxy. Waldo consumes 5 units of x and 25 units of ya.Waldo would be willing to make small exchanges of x for y in which he would give up 5 un...Dec 13 2019
Why does a skateboarder lean while negotiating a curve?A. To keep from tipping over by making sure the net force on them is directed towards the skateboard.B.It saves ene...Nov 10 2017
Load and Stress Analysis The countershaft with the reverse gears attached to is shown in figure 2 with the dimension given in table 1. Gear A receives power from another ...Jul 05 2020
Accountable care organizations a. Integrate healthcare delivery. b. Assume some risk for the costs of care c. Control costs through "shared savings" d. All of the above. ...May 26 2020
Suppose that someone states that aggression is entirely learned and results from our experiences in life. Write a one-paragraph response in which you refer to the possibl...Feb 04 2020
How can Harley benefit from expanding abroad? What types of advantages can the firm obtain? What advantages acquired abroad can help Harley improve its performance in its...Jan 31 2020
The pendulum consists of a 10-lb sphere and 4-lb rod. If it is released from rest when θ = 90° , determine the angle of rebound after the sphere strikes the floor. Take e = 0.Jun 03 2020
Consider an economy that produces and consumes bread and automobiles. In the table below are data for two different years: Year 2010 Year 2025 Price of an automobile $50,...Jun 02 2020
Welcome to MyCourseHelp Services, World's leading Academic solutions provider with Millions of Happy Students.