Pure database data in raw form are most pertinent and useful. 12) Each of the elements of
Pure database data in raw form are most pertinent and useful.
12) Each of the elements of the database application system calls on the database management system (DBMS) to process the database tables.
13) Most organizations develop their own DBMS.
14) SQL Server is an open source DBMS product that is free for most applications.
15) To modify an existing table - for example, to add a new column - the developer opens the metadata form for that table and adds a new row of metadata.
16) SQL statements can be issued directly to the DBMS by an application program.
17) DBMS administrative functions include backing up database data, adding structures to improve the performance of database applications, removing data that are no longer wanted or needed, and similar tasks.
18) A database cannot have more than one application running on it.
19) The DBMS uses a keyword form to locate records or items in the database.
20) Application programs process logic that is specific to a given business need.
21) One of the uses of the application program is that the application program serves as an intermediary between the Web server and the database.
22) The lost-update problem can be prevented by a type of locking which must be used to coordinate the activities of users who know nothing about one another.
23) Enterprise DBMS products are designed for smaller, simpler database applications.
24) The bulk of databases in the personal DBMS category have multiple users.
25) Today, the only remaining personal DBMS of significance is Microsoft SQL Server.