Pure database data in raw form are most pertinent and useful.
12) Each of the elements of the database application system calls on the database management system (DBMS) to process the database tables.
13) Most organizations develop their own DBMS.
14) SQL Server is an open source DBMS product that is free for most applications.
15) To modify an existing table - for example, to add a new column - the developer opens the metadata form for that table and adds a new row of metadata.
16) SQL statements can be issued directly to the DBMS by an application program.
17) DBMS administrative functions include backing up database data, adding structures to improve the performance of database applications, removing data that are no longer wanted or needed, and similar tasks.
18) A database cannot have more than one application running on it.
19) The DBMS uses a keyword form to locate records or items in the database.
20) Application programs process logic that is specific to a given business need.
21) One of the uses of the application program is that the application program serves as an intermediary between the Web server and the database.
22) The lost-update problem can be prevented by a type of locking which must be used to coordinate the activities of users who know nothing about one another.
23) Enterprise DBMS products are designed for smaller, simpler database applications.
24) The bulk of databases in the personal DBMS category have multiple users.
25) Today, the only remaining personal DBMS of significance is Microsoft SQL Server.
Comparative advantage due to productivity differences between countries is known as thea.factor abundance model of comparative advantage.b.human skills model of comparati...Dec 16 2019
If Joe views four candy bars and one piece of cake as perfect substitutes, what is his marginal rate of substitution between candy bars and cake? If cake is measured on t...Apr 01 2020
An airline reservation system has a single computer, which breaks down on any given day with probability p. It takes two days to restore a failed computer to normal servi...Aug 04 2020
Question 9. Masses of 8 kg, 7 kg and 2 kg are located at points with co-ordinates (8,9), (1,1) and (8,8) respectively. Find the co-ordinates of their Centre of Mass, (x,y...Apr 25 2021
The price of a stock is dependent on the return and risk. Derive the price if the risk premium is 10%, the beta is 1.7, the net profit margin is 12%, the asset turnover i...Aug 29 2020
3. (x + 3y - 5) dx - (x - y - 1)dy = 0. y sec? x dx - (1 - 2y2 tan x) dy = 0. **y dx + (3x4 - y3) dy = 0.Apr 21 2021
What is the cost of avoiding insurance?May 11 2021
economic factors (A.) What economic factors affect income distribution in the US? (B.) What non-economic factors affect income distribution in the US? (C.) How can rapid ...Apr 23 2020
Assume that you have $165,000 invested in stock that is returning 11.50%, $85,000 invested in a stock that is returning 22.75%, and $235,000 invested in a stock that is r...May 29 2021
Steam leaves a power plant steam generator at 3.5 MPa, 350 C, and enters the turbine at 3.4 MPa, 325°C. The isentropic turbine efficiency is 88 percent, and the turbine e...Jun 07 2020