Public sector unions differ from their private sector counterparts in that most public sector unions:
A) require union membership.
B) are organized by location.
C) have less bargaining power.
D) have no restrictions against striking.
47) The Railway Labor Act allows Congress and the President to intervene in a labor dispute if interstate commerce is disrupted.
48) Business unionism focuses on improving the economic well-being of workers.
49) Pay, work breaks, vacations, and work assignments are elements of work rules in the collective bargaining system.
50) Union membership is increasing in the public sector while declining among private employers.
51) The right to strike is unlimited in public sector unions.
52) A(n) ________ is a union contract that spells out the conditions of employment and work rules that affect employees in the unit represented by the union.
53) Which country has the highest per capita union representation?
A) Great Britain
54) Coralie lives in France and works for the Paris transportation system. Clark lives and works in the United States. Both belong to unions. Which of the following is most likely true?
A) Clark's union is likely to be politically rather than economically motivated.
B) Coralie's union is likely to be politically rather than economically motivated.
C) Coralie's union has much more influence on working conditions than does Clark's union.
D) Clark's union is more likely to strike than Coralie's union.
55) In Germany, labor unions:
A) have union representatives on the boards of businesses.
B) are involved in national wage setting.
C) are affiliated with the Labor party.
D) are enterprise unions.
The effect of the harsh budget cuts required by the European countries who made emergency loans to Greece in 2011 was:a-the speedy return of the Greek economy to full emp...Jul 09 2021
Which of the following statements is not correct?a.Angiosperms produce pollen and seeds.b. Mosses are nonvascular plants.c. Ferns and angiosperms are vascular plants.d. O...Jun 29 2021
Slaked lime, is used to soften hard water by removing calcium ions from hard water through the reactionAlthough is considered insoluble, some of it does dissolve in aqu...Jun 20 2021
Name 2 of the 6 reasons explained as motivations for firms to expand internationally.Prior to WW1, how would classify the method for establishing exchange rates?What are ...May 18 2021
Consider a system of two infinite queues in series, where each of the two service facilities has a single server. All service times are independent and have an exponentia...Aug 06 2020
A new project you are considering is expected to generate an operating cash flow of $45,620 and will initially free up $22,000 in net working capital. Purchases of fixed ...Jun 14 2021
National Income: Where It Comes From and Where It Goes — End of Chapter Problem Consider a Cobb-Douglas production function with three inputs. K is capital (the number of...Apr 09 2021
A 33-year-old client presents at the clinic with reports of weakness, incoordination, dizziness, and loss of balance. The client is hospitalized and diagnosed with MS. Wh...Aug 11 2021
calculus / 14 16 Vector Calculus: Problem 14 Previous Problem Problem List Next Problem (1 poirt) Suppose l'(x,y) = 2*1 + y^j and C is the line segment segment from point...Apr 13 2021
Who's Liable for $871,069 In Damages? Not Me. I Wasn't Even There!The Emersons contracted with Martin Winters, the owner of Winters Roofing Company, to install a new roof...Aug 12 2021