Preparing the operating activities section of the statement of cash flows using the direct method.
1) The method of reporting cash flows from operating activities under which revenues and expenses on the income statement are adjusted to reflect the amount of cash received or expended for each item is the
A) direct method.
B) indirect method.
C) combination method.
D) adjustment method.
2) Many accountants prefer which method of computing cash flow from operating activities?
A) Combination method
B) Direct method
C) Indirect method
D) Adjusting method
3) Amortization on factory equipment would be reported in the statement of cash flows prepared by the indirect method in
A) the operating activities section.
B) the financing activities section.
C) the investing activities section.
D) None of the above.
4) Cost of merchandise sold for the year was $850,000. Inventories were $60,000 and $90,000 at the beginning and end of the year, respectively. There were no changes in accounts payable from the beginning to the end of the year. Cash payment for merchandise to be reported on the cash flow statement using the direct method is
5) Operating expenses other than amortization for the year were $335,000. Prepaid expenses decreased by $7,000. Cash payments for operating expenses to be reported on the cash flow statement using the direct method would be
6) Operating expenses other than amortization for the year were $400,000. Accrued expenses increased by $35,000. Cash payments for operating expenses to be reported on the cash flow statement using the direct method would be
7) Which would not go into the operating activities section of a statement of cash flows using the direct method?
A) Amortization expense
B) Payment for dividends
C) Selling of plant, property and equipment
D) All of the above.
8) Under the direct method, each line of the income statement is converted to cash paid or received.
9) Amortization is shown only when using the direct method of preparing a statement of cash flow.
10) The direct method must be used to report cash flows from operating activities in the statement of cash flows.
11) To determine cash received from customers for the cash flow statement using the direct method, a decrease in accounts receivable is added to sales.
12) When amortization expense is added back to net income, the direct method is being applied.
Wolosin purchased a vegetable and dairy refrigerator case from Evans Manufacturing Corp. When Evans sued Wolosin for the purchase price, Wolosin claimed damages for breac...Aug 07 2021
In a regional city, two lawn companies fertilise lawns during the summer. Company A has 72% of the market. Thirty per cent of the lawns fertilised by Company A could be r...Apr 23 2020
You plan to invest in the kish hedge fund, which has a total capital of $500 million invested in five stocks.Stocks Investments Stock's Beta Coefficienta$160 million0.5b1...Apr 10 2021
The assets of "Sample Company" consist entirely of current assets and net plant and equipment. The firm has total assets of $ 3,961,953 and net plant and equipment of $ 1...Jul 04 2021
On July 1, 20xx, Habib Corporation issued bonds with a face value of $500,000. The bonds carry a face interest rate of 10 percent that is payable each July 1 and January ...Mar 18 2020
When DNA replication begins, ________.a. the two DNA strands unwind from each otherb. the two DNA strands condense for base transfersc. old strands move to find new stran...Jun 28 2021
Let p(x) = x/15, x = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 be probability mass function of a random variable X. Determine F, the distribution function of X, and sketch its graph.Aug 03 2020
Find an example of a function that is both open and closed butnot continous.Aug 20 2021
Calculate the CPI basket and the percentage of the household’s budget spent on juice in 2009. The people on Coral Island buy only juice and cloth. The CPI basket contains...May 01 2020
Who advocated the process of Filipinization in the Philippines during the American colonial period? A. William Howard Taft B. Francis Burton Harrison C. Frank Murphy ...Jul 11 2021