Polk Company developed the following information for itsproduct: Per unit
Sales price $90
Variable cost 63
Contribution margin $27
Total fixed costs $1,080,000 Instructions
Answer the following independent questions and show computationsusing the contribution margin technique to support youranswers.
1. How many units must be sold to break even?
2. What is the total sales that must be generated for the companyto earn a profit of $60,000?
3. If the company is presently selling 45,000 units, but plans tospend an additional $108,000 on an advertising program, how manyadditional units must the company sell to earn the same net incomeit is now making?
4. Using the original data in the problem, compute a new break-evenpoint in units if the unit sales price is increased 20%, unitvariable cost is increased by 10%, and total fixed costs areincreased by $210,000. . . .
Suppose Jack and Berry produce two products-hamburgers and T-shirts. Jack produces 10 hamburgers or 3 T-shirts a day and Berry produces 7 hamburgers or 4 T-shirts. Assumi...Apr 05 2021
One sine wave has a positive-going zero crossing at 10° and another sine wave has a positive going zero crossing at 45°. The phase angle between the two waveforms is(a) 5...Aug 06 2020
Which of the following terms is best defined by stating it involves the use of power and influence tactics for personal benefit? (A) Political seasoning (B) Coalition...Mar 26 2018
Give the product of the following reaction sequence with the starting material shown. 1. Br2 / hv 2. t-Bu0- +K / DMF 3. BH3. THE 4. OH / H2O2 5. Na2Cr20./H2SO /H20 н с a ...Jun 28 2021
Consider a room containing 1028 distinguishable air molecules.(a) If you are interested in only their distributions between the front and back halves of the room, then ea...Jun 09 2020
1. Convert each of the following binary numbers to decimal numbers:a. 10b. 100c. 111d. 1011e. 1100f. 10010g. 10101h. 11111i. 11001101j. 111000112. Convert each of the fol...Jul 14 2020
The concentration of pollutant bacteria c in a lake decreases according to c = 75e–1.5t + 20 e– 0.075t >Aug 02 2020
Linear transformation of X and Y: a) Suppose that the explanatory variable values in Davis’s regression are transformed according to the equation X’ = X – 10 and that Y i...Aug 01 2020
Polaris Inc. has a significant amount of bonds outstanding denominated in yen because of the attractive variable rate available to the firm in yen when the loan was mad...Apr 19 2021
If the underground economy is sizable, then GDP will:a. understate the economy's performance.b. overstate the economy's performance.c. fluctuate unpredictably.d. accurate...May 12 2021