Please confirm if you can get this book first and especially this page
Show me this page then we can proceed with the task.
I am at the end of my technology class. I did not purchase the book and the last assignment requires me to relate to the book. Is it possible to have you send me a copy of the page first. ?MIS 12th Edition Page 342
Topic: Management Information Systems
Volume: 7 pages
Type : Questions and answers
Use the book called Essentials of MIS, 12th edition.
1. What are the strategies for dealing with competitive forces? List and discuss each briefly.
2. In Chapter 3, discuss figure 3.3, the Value Web. It’s importance, both as a set of technologies and as a strategic tool.
1. Discuss the Ethical Analysis model. Does it make sense to you? Do you use it, or something like it? Which of the Candidate Ethical Principles do you use in your life?
2. Provide a brief discussion of privacy vis a vis the case called “Facebook Privacy: What Privacy?” Do we even have individual privacy anymore, in any traditional sense?
1. What are the components of a business information technology infrastructure? You can list these, but comment on ONE in particular that strikes your fancy, or that you know about.
2. What is cloud computing? Is it new? What is the benefit to a business? What are risks? What is a private, public, and hybrid cloud? What are the tools: SaaS, PaaS, Iaas?
Chapters 6 and 7
1. There are two highly important database tools that you must know about. Discuss each: the Relational Database model, and the Database Management System, or DBMS.
2. Define and discuss each of these core technologies:
* Packet Switching
* Digital / Analog
* Internet / World Wide Web
Chapters 8 and 9
1. The Bring Your Own Device Model (BYOD) in the work environment is becoming pervasive. A related and supportive technology is that our gadgets can work in wireless environments. Discuss why wireless poses particular security challenges to a business. What precautions must the prudent IT department take? You might look at the case “BYOD: A Security Nightmare?” on page 297
2. Enterprise Systems are a number of systems that tie together business functions, so the business can operate more efficiently, and so that customers and other stakeholders can have a more transparent relationship with the company. Define each of the following Enterprise Systems:
Enterprise Resource Planning System
Customer Relationship Management System
Supply Chain Systems
Social CRM and Business Intelligence Systems
1. on page 342, the text says, “Uber exemplifies two major trends in e-commerce today.” What are those trends, how does Uber exemplify them, and (DON’T LEAVE THIS ONE OUT) what is another “disruptive” business you know about that is using e-commerce models for its success?
2. We hear a lot about “business intelligence” and “analytics”. We need to be able to define these, and the systems that support them, in our own words. Consider an interview situation in which you’re asked to discuss them. Our text has a good section that you can use for reference.
1. How are information requirements, business process alignment and projects tied together? That is what might you say if a decision maker asks, why should we support this project, and not that one?
2. Projects have budgets, which are almost always exceeded. What are some of the hidden costs that can drive real project costs far above budget?
Manilow Corporation operates in an industry that has a high rate of bad debts. Before any year-end adjustments, the balance in Manilow’s Accounts Receivable account was $...May 09 2020
You have been asked to advise Kimeu on the appropriate accounting treatment for the following situations arising in the books of various companies. The year end in each c...May 22 2020
You can either take a bus or drive your car to get to work. A bus pass costs $5 per week, and the weekly costs associated with driving the car to work are $60 (including ...May 11 2020
Consider an individual firm making decisions with respect to current employment of labor for the period (t,t+h), n(t,t+h), and the employment of labor and capital for the...Feb 07 2020
Create a project that calculates the total of fat, carbohydrate,and protein calories. Allow the user to enter (in text boxes) thegrams of fat, carbohydrates ,and protein....Apr 13 2020
Automobile Costs A 2003 Subaru Outback wagon costs $23,500 and gets 22 miles per gallon. Assume that gasoline costs $4 per gallon.(a) What is the cost of gasoline per mil...Apr 24 2020
Figure illustrates a cross-section of an aircraft fuselage. The floor beam of the aircraft is supported by the fuselage at its both ends. The floor beam has an ?-shaped c...May 16 2020
What energy-rich organic compound is produced as a result of the Calvin cycle? (A) NADPH (B) Co2 (C) ATP (D) H2O (E) GlucoseMar 13 2018
In a ___________ exchange rate system each trading nation is impacted directly by the supply and demand for their currency. a.fixed b.dirty c.floating d. cleanApr 14 2020
Calculate the osmolarity of these solutions. Assume density of the solution is 1.00 g/mL. (a) 3.8 M MgCl2 solution Osmolarity = (a) 4.4% w/w glucose solution Osmolarity =8Apr 17 2020
Welcome to MyCourseHelp Services, World's leading Academic solutions provider with Millions of Happy Students.