Paying attention to the feelings content of the employee communications process is especially important when a company is:
12) Reed is sending an e-mail message to Chandra in HR about a new hire he is considering. The e-mail message is the ________ component of the communication process.
13) To ensure accurate understanding of a message, the receiver should:
A) accurately encode the message.
B) compensate for noise.
C) choose the best channel.
D) provide feedback to the sender.
14) Travis has been showing Shay the basics of C++ computer programming. Shay knows very little about programming and does not understand most of what Travis says. Travis uses terms and concepts that are unfamiliar to Shay. Shay's difficulty in decoding the message most likely comes from:
B) incorrect facts.
C) inadequate feedback.
D) poor employee relations.
15) A manager is explaining a project to his staff. The employees ask questions about the details of the project, and they request a delivery date change. The manager agrees to the new deadline. This meeting is most likely an example of:
A) downward communication.
B) upward communication.
C) two-way communication.
D) lateral communication.
16) Georgio is planning on providing feedback to employees based upon a recent general job assessment. Which of the following would be LEAST effective during the feedback session?
A) Focusing on specific employee behaviors
B) Providing feedback immediately and privately
C) Making the feedback personal and evaluative
D) Focusing negative feedback on controllable behaviors
17) Jana and her student Julie are discussing revisions that Julie needs to consider for her composition's next draft. Jana will ask a question and then Julie will respond, and perhaps ask a question of her own. The two discuss the paper for nearly 25 minutes, talking back and forth about good aspects of the paper and areas that could be improved. This conversation is an example of:
A) one-way communication.
B) two-way communication.
C) downward communication.
D) upward communication.
18) ________ communication allows managers to influence employees and to implement decisions they have made.
19) ________ communication allows employees at lower levels to communicate their ideas and feelings to higher-level decision makers.
20) Presently, the U.S. economy is shifting from a(n) ________ to a ________ base.
A) information / industrial
B) agricultural / information
C) industrial / information
D) technological / industrial
Consider the following Outcomes of a Project Assessment: NPV ($m) Probability (%) 40 20% 70 30% 80 40% 90 10% What is the Expected Value? What is the most likely Value? W...Apr 04 2021
You are given the following information for a potential capital budgeting project: The initial investment is $500. The life of the project is 3 years with the following c...Jul 03 2021
Company ABC in comparison to the MSM 30. Based on data over the past six years, ABC and MSM 30 have a covariance of 0.060 and the variance of XYZ is 0.024. Beta of XYZ is...Apr 28 2021
Fior Ramirez worked as a housekeeper for Remington Lodging & Hospitality, a hotel in Atlantic Beach, Florida. After her father in the Dominican Republic suffered a stroke...Aug 19 2021
The firm i picked is Walmart. Please I need about as much information you can give .thank you Pick a firm(Walmart) of your choice that is headquartered in the US (US MNE)...Apr 14 2020
What is the difference between elastic and inelastic demand?Apr 16 2021
A firm has total debt of $1,410 and a debt-equity ratio of .33. What is the value of the total assets?a) $4,273b) $4,663c) $5,683d) $1,875e) $3,300Aug 02 2021
In the study of international best HRM practices, the US and Canada used pay incentives less than expected, and China and Taiwan used them more than average.22.The term “...Jan 24 2020
NEANDERTHAL HAIR COLORThe MC1R gene regulates pigmentation in humans (Sections 14.1 and 15.1 revisited), so loss-of-function mutations in this gene affect hair and skin c...Jul 06 2021
The 5 kg thin circular disc is rigidly attached to the 6 kg slender horizontal shaft. The disc and horizontal shaft rotate about the axis of the shaft with constant angul...Jun 15 2020