Park Rangers in a Yellowstone National Park have determined that fawns less than 6 months old have a body weight that is approximately normally distributed with a mean µ = 26.1 kg and standard deviation σ = 4.2 kg. Let x be the weight of a fawn in kilograms. Complete each of the following steps for the word problems below: · Rewrite each of the following word problems into a probability expression, such as P(x>30). · Convert each of the probability expressions involving x into probability expressions involving z, using the information from the scenario. · Sketch a normal curve for each z probability expression with the appropriate probability area shaded. · Solve the problem.
1. What is the probability of selecting a fawn less than 6 months old in Yellowstone that weighs less than 25 kilograms?
2. What is the probability of selecting a fawn less than 6 months old in Yellowstone that weighs more than 19 kilograms?
3. What is the probability of selecting a fawn less than 6 months old in Yellowstone that weighs between 30 and 38 kilograms?
4. If a fawn less than 6 months old weighs 16 pounds, would you say that it is an unusually small animal? Explain and verify your answer mathematically.
5. What is the weight of a fawn less than 6 months old that corresponds with a 20% probability of being randomly selected? Explain and verify your answer mathematically.
Show that , the electrochemical potential of the component in a multicomponent simple ideal gas, satisfiesand find the explicit form of the "function of T." Show that µ,...Jun 09 2020
McDonald’s Corporation franchises and operates more than 30,000 fast-service restaurants in 119 countries. Buffalo Wild Wings franchises and operates more than 500 restau...May 25 2020
Greens theorem is an equality relationship between surface integrals and line integrals. 1 point True False 1 point Green's theorem can be applied to a problem with C be ...Apr 14 2021
A purchasing department may be created because the hospital administrator cannot effectively handle all purchasing. The purchasing department would evaluate the vendors a...Dec 02 2017
how do expenses affect equity?Sep 09 2020
How does development differ from training? How does development support career management in modern organizations? >May 13 2020
Stimuli for the activation of the RAAS pathway includeA) low blood pressure in arterioles in the nephron only.B) a decrease in fluid flow through the distal tubule only.C...Dec 11 2019
Do you work hard for your money? Java professionals think they do, reporting long working hours at their jobs. Java developers from around the world were surveyed about t...Jun 20 2020
You are engaged in the audit of Reed Company, a new client, at the end of its first fiscal year, June 30, 20X1. During your work on inventories, you discover that all of ...Apr 06 2020
A significant technology issue for HR is the proper use of the data that its information systems generate.100) Federal laws prevent firms from monitoring employees' u...Jan 25 2020