Home / Questions / One of the primary sources of diseconomies of scale is the inefficiencies associated with
One of the primary sources of diseconomies of scale is the inefficiencies associated with managing large scale operations.
76) "Learning by doing" results in decreased average costs of production and is illustrated by a downward shift of the firm's long-run average cost curve.
77) Failure to account for the increased transportation costs that would result from building fewer and more centrally located production facilities could result in firm managers selecting a scale of operation that is larger than the optimum.
78) The "minimum efficient scale" of operation in an industry is defined as the scale of operation in an industry that is least efficient.
79) Consideration of the minimum efficient scale of operation would suggest that, to minimize production costs, the market should be served by a large number of small firms when the LRAC curve slopes downward over the relevant range of output.
80) The text considers three methods that can be used to obtain empirical estimates of long-run costs in different industries. Of those three, surveys of expert opinion are considered to be most reliable because they are less subject to bias than the other two methods.
81) Most of the empirical research on long-run costs suggests that the long-run average cost curve for most firms has a very pronounced U-shape.
82) Over the past several decades, technological change has led to a significant amount of consolidation in the U.S. brewing industry.
83) Empirical evidence suggests that economies of scale, advertising and image differentiation, and risk spreading all help account for the large-scale production that exists in many sectors of the economy.
84) Regarding the production of health care, more recent studies suggest that economies of scale exist up to a hospital size of approximately 200 beds.
Dec 07 2019 View more View Less
On the income statement, which of the following would be classified as a Period cost?Select: 1Direct Material ExpenseDirect Labor ExpenseR&D ExpenseInventory Carry ExpenseMay 13 2021
Define 3 characteristics of a small business.May 19 2018
how do you convert 4.184 j to kj?Jun 28 2021
(2 points) Use power series to solve the initial-value problem (x2 - 2)y" + 8xy + 6y = 0, y(0) = 1, y (0) = 0. Answer: y = Σ + + Σ χ20+1 Π=0 n=0Jun 04 2021
During 2011, Bonzai Corporation reported revenues of $891,640 and profits of $91,486. Fixed costs were $332,043 and 44,582 units were sold. If costs and prices are expect...May 21 2020
lack River Adventures has net income of $1,918, interest expense of $915, sales of $20,450, and costs of 80, What is the amount of the depreciation expense if the firm's ...Aug 30 2020
7-1B The Malamura Company deposits all receipts in the bank and makes all payments by check. On November 30 its Cash account has a balance of $2,289. The bank statement o...May 31 2018
Draw the Lewis Structure for a Nitrate Ion (NO3-1). Assign the formal charge for the central atom, Nitrogen. What is that formal charge?May 15 2021
Every chapter provides an editing exercise to fine-tune your grammar and mechanics skills. The following letter requires edits that address grammar, concise wording, sent...Aug 21 2021
Riverbed Company prepares monthly cash budgets. Relevant data from operating budgets for 2017 are as follows: Sales Direct materials purchases Direct labor Manufacturing ...Apr 26 2021