Once a quality employee has been hired, half the battle has been won. The other half consists of finding ways to ________ them.
2) According to your author, which of the following would be considered a factor affecting retention?
A) A corporate culture where workers believe "it's fun to work at this company."
B) Organizations that encourage workplace diversity.
C) Organizations that encourage employees to continue to grow and learn.
D) All of the above.
3) What did your author identify as the most important metric in HR today?
A) turnover rate of most qualified employees
B) ethical rate of most qualified employees
C) retention rate of most qualified employees
D) acceptance rate of best qualified workers
4) To ensure that workers with the proper skills and experience are available at all levels, constant and concerted efforts are required to maintain good ________.
A) human resource equity
B) internal employee relations
C) career development
D) internal recruitment
5) The term that refers to those human resource management activities associated with the movement of employees within the organization is called
A) human resource planning.
B) internal recruitment.
C) career development.
D) internal employee relations.
6) Which of the following is an activity included in internal employee relations?
D) all of the above
7) Which of the following is NOT an internal employee relations task?
8) Approximately what percent of U.S. workers' jobs depend almost entirely on the continued goodwill of their employers?
9) Not withstanding various employment standards to avoid based on laws, court decisions, and executive orders, in approximately two of every three U.S. jobs, the worker's continued employment depends almost entirely on the continued ________ of his or her employer.
10) An unwritten contract that is created when an employee agrees to work for an employer but no agreement exists as to how long the parties expect the employment to last is called
A) temporary assignment.
B) unspecified employment.
C) employment at will.
D) no-contract agreement.
Do marketers create needs? Do they create demand? What ethical issues are relevant?Jul 31 2020
The SEC investigation of Tyco International for possible securities law violations produced several e-mails. The e-mails focused on two concerns about the company: accoun...Jul 25 2021
u(3,2,1) v(1,1,2) w(1,3,3)find the angle of plane determined by u and two vector v, wMay 11 2021
What is the duration of a two-year bond that pays an annual coupon of 10 percent and has a current yield to maturity of 12 percent? Use $1,000 as the face value. ( LG 3-6...Apr 26 2020
Data TypeThe listed playing times are all rounded to the nearest whole number. Before rounding, are the exact playing times discrete data or continuous data?which are t...May 19 2021
Which of the following terms is best defined by stating it involves the use of power and influence tactics for personal benefit? (A) Political seasoning (B) Coalition...Mar 26 2018
JayR has debt ratio of 0.50, a total asset turnover of 0.25, and a profit margin of 10%. The president is unhappy with the current return on equity, and he thinks it coul...Jun 20 2021
A team of five laborers working in a garment factory in Indonesia divides the task of making men’s dress shirts for export to Unites States. Each laborer works 10hours da...Aug 09 2020
I'm going crazy with this one math problem ?Apr 22 2020
An example of a nonrenewable resource isa.laborb.capitalc.entrepreneurshipd.iron oree.automobiles42.Gold isa.not a resource in the economyb.an example of a renewable reso...Dec 13 2019