On July 1, 2014, Stan Getz, Inc., bought call option contracts for 500 shares of Selmer Manufacturing common stock. The contracts cost $200, expire on September 15, and have an exercise price of $40 per share. The market price of Selmer’s stock that day was also $40 a share. On July 31, 2014, Selmer stock was trading at $38 a share, and the option contracts’ fair value was $125—that is, Getz could buy the identical $40 strike price contracts on July 31 for $125.
On August 31, 2014, the market price of Selmer stock was $44 a share, and the fair value of the options contracts was $2,075.
1. Prepare the journal entry to record Getz’s purchase of call option contracts on July 1, 2014.
2. Prepare the journal entry to record the change in fair value of the option contracts on July 31, 2014.
3. Prepare the journal entry to record the change in fair value of the option contracts on August 31, 2014.
4. Why are the option contracts worth so much more on August 31 ($2,075) than they were worth on July 31 ($125)?
5. What entry would Getz make to record exercising the options on September 15, 2014, when Selmer’s shares were trading at $46?
6. Suppose instead that Getz allowed the option contracts to expire on September 15, 2014, without exercising them. What entry would Getz then make?
Construct the total cost schedule using data below for a firm operating in the short-run.Total Output (Q)Total fixed cost (TFC)Total variable cost (TVC)Total cost (TC)Mar...May 06 2021
The U.S. Mint has as specification that pennies have a mean weight of 2.5 g. A sample of 37 new pennies has a mean weight of 2.49910 g and a standard deviation of 0.01648...Apr 20 2020
Burton Company's fixed budget performance report for July follows. The $675,000 budgeted expenses include $634,500 variable expenses and $40,500 fixed expenses. Actual ex...Aug 11 2021
Wrigley Corp. obtained the following information from the RawMaterials Inventory account and purchasing records for the firstquarter of the current year:Calculate the amo...Jun 01 2021
Write the preferred plural forms of the following nouns in the spaces provided. Use a dictionary if necessary.runner-up ________Jun 15 2021
Customer service processes, non–value-added activities Daniel Morris purchased a 42-inch plasma television, manufactured by TVCO, from a local electronics store that perm...Jul 01 2020
Until Bill and Hillary saw a feature on local news about baby car seats, they thought all brands were alike. Having seen the news broadcast, they were better informed to ...Dec 11 2017
The circular flow model with the government included would show that the government:A. Provides goods and services to businesses and households and pays for them with net...Jun 07 2021
The oat coleoptiles on the left have been modified: either cut or placed in a light-blocking tube. Which ones will still bend toward a directional light source?Jul 06 2021
Determine the solution to the differential equation using Laplace Transform: y" – 4y' = e* cos x y(0) = y'(0) = -1Apr 20 2021