Normally, the bulk of employees in international offices will be host-country nationals.
12) In most industries, host-country nationals comprise more than 98 percent of the workforce in the foreign operations of North American and Western European multinational companies.
13) A host-country national is a citizen of one country, working in a second country, and employed by an organization headquartered in a third country.
14) An example of a third-country national would be an Italian citizen working for a French company in Germany.
15) With polycentric staffing, companies primarily hire expatriates to staff higher-level foreign positions.
16) In one survey, family concerns were the major reason (47 percent) for refusal of a global assignment.
17) When host-country nationals are used throughout the organization, from top to bottom, it is referred to as ethnocentric staffing.
18) Regiocentric staffing is similar to the polycentric approach, but regional groups of subsidiaries reflecting the organization's strategy and structure work as a unit.
19) Geocentric staffing is a staffing approach that uses a worldwide integrated business strategy.
20) Japanese law covers a person working at the Tokyo office of a U.S.-based company, including privacy statutes that prohibit criminal checks on Japanese citizens.
What is the shape of ch2cl2?Jul 26 2021
An AC voltage source has an output of V= (120V) Sin 27(50)t.This is connected to a series LCR circuit with a resistance 302 and capacitor of capacitance(C) in series with...May 31 2021
Earl sells lemonade in a competitive market on a busy street corner in Philadelphia. His production function is f(x1, x2) = x11/3 x21/3, where output is measured in gallo...Apr 08 2020
The most nuclear fuel used in the world is (2 Points) Thorium - 232 Uranium - 238 Plutonium - 239 None of the aboveMay 02 2021
Frank agrees to build a garage for Sarah for $25,000. Sarah offers to sign either a contract showing her obligation to pay Frank $25,000 or a negotiable promissory note f...Apr 14 2020
Will City Racquetball Club’s new membership plan and fee structure improve its ability to plan its cash receipts? Explain your answer.Nov 26 2019
A low-income mom began breastfeeding in the hospital and was discharged with a healthy infant. The critical time for a public health nurse to visit after discharge (which...Mar 13 2020
The following table contains some production possibilities for an economy for a given month. Sweaters Gloves 20 200 18 400 16 ? If the production possibilities frontier i...May 01 2020
Cost You need a total of 50 pounds of two commodities costing $1.25 and $2.75 per pound.(a) Verify that the total cost is , where x is the number of pounds of the less ex...Aug 05 2021
Sabah Mr. Adeel was working in a merchandising business and getting salary 500 units. Whereas, he also invested 100,000 units and earning interest 1,000 units. Mr. Adeel ...Apr 01 2021