N:M means that more than one entity is allowed on each side of the relationship and that t
N:M means that more than one entity is allowed on each side of the relationship and that the number of entities on each side can be different.
12) The crow's-foot notation shows the minimum number of entities that can be involved in a relationship.
13) The maximum number of entities that can be involved in a relationship is known as maximum cardinality.
14) Normalization is the process of combining two or more poorly structured tables into a single structured table.
15) Transforming a table into a normal form to remove duplicated data and other problems is called normalizing the table.
16) Tables that are not normalized are subject to data integrity problems.
17) Because normalized designs can be slower to process, database designers sometimes choose to accept non-normalized tables.
18) The easiest time to change the database structure is after the database has been constructed and loaded with data.