Most homes and small businesses use ________ because they receive more data than they transmit.
22) Businesses that need DSL lines that have the same receiving and transmitting speeds would use ________.
23) Which of the following is true of cable modems?
A) Cable modems provide high-speed data transmission using telephone cables.
B) Performance is stable in spite of the number of users sending and receiving data.
C) Cable modems generally use the same protocols as DSL modems.
D) The signals from cable modems do not interfere with TV signals.
24) Narrowband lines typically have transmission speeds less than ________.
A) 256 kbps
B) 56 kbps
C) 126 kbps
D) 64 kbps
25) Which of the following purposes does an HTTP protocol serve?
A) flow among switches and access points
B) provide reliable internet transporting
C) enable communication among programs
D) conduct internet routing
26) The S in HTTPS stands for ________.
27) One very common use of FTP is to ________.
A) maintain Web sites
B) transmit emails
C) format responses
D) implement protocol
28) Which of the following provides reliable internet transport?
29) The ________ is the Internet-based network of browsers and servers that process HTTP or HTTPS.
D) Data link
30) When an individual uses the Internet, but not the Web, he or she is using ________.
Project L costs $49,431.87, its expected cash inflows are $10,000 per year for 10 years, and its WACC is 9%. What is the project's IRR? Round your answer to two decimal places.May 15 2021
Kaelea, Inc., has no debt outstanding and a total market value of $57,000. Earnings before interest and taxes, EBIT, are projected to be $8,200 if economic conditions are...May 11 2021
In economics, the word shocks refer to:a. any change in the supply of goods and services.b. any change in the demand for goods and services.c. a decrease in real GDP.d. s...Jun 11 2021
Summarize the pros and cons of the six capital budgeting methods. In what types of situations would capital budgeting decisions be made solely on the basis of projectâ...Aug 31 2020
A one-year zero coupon bond costs $99.43 today. Exactly one year from today, it will pay $100.What is the annual yield-to-maturity of the bond? (I.e., what is the discoun...May 22 2020
Which of the following factors affects the control risk of an organization >May 09 2020
If a cup of coffee costs 2 euros in Paris and $6 in New York and purchasing-power parity holds, what is the exchange rate?a. 1/4 euro per dollarb. 1/3 euro per dollarc. 3...Jul 19 2021
The demand and supply functions for basic cable TV in the local market are given as: Q 200,000 4,000P and Qs 20,000 2,000P. a. Calculate the consumer and producer surplu...Jul 08 2021
For a mound-shaped, symmetric distribution, what is the probability that x falls into the interval μ ± 2σ?Aug 07 2020
11. Forward rates are always equal to the actual future exchange rates. 12. Forward contracts are standardized contracts sold in organized exchanges. 13. The law ...Jan 09 2020