Most homes and small businesses use ________ because they receive more data than they tra
Most homes and small businesses use ________ because they receive more data than they transmit.
22) Businesses that need DSL lines that have the same receiving and transmitting speeds would use ________.
23) Which of the following is true of cable modems?
A) Cable modems provide high-speed data transmission using telephone cables.
B) Performance is stable in spite of the number of users sending and receiving data.
C) Cable modems generally use the same protocols as DSL modems.
D) The signals from cable modems do not interfere with TV signals.
24) Narrowband lines typically have transmission speeds less than ________.
A) 256 kbps
B) 56 kbps
C) 126 kbps
D) 64 kbps
25) Which of the following purposes does an HTTP protocol serve?
A) flow among switches and access points
B) provide reliable internet transporting
C) enable communication among programs
D) conduct internet routing
26) The S in HTTPS stands for ________.
27) One very common use of FTP is to ________.
A) maintain Web sites
B) transmit emails
C) format responses
D) implement protocol
28) Which of the following provides reliable internet transport?
29) The ________ is the Internet-based network of browsers and servers that process HTTP or HTTPS.
D) Data link
30) When an individual uses the Internet, but not the Web, he or she is using ________.