More Expected Values: Please show work along with answer
1. Your company is exploring a potential oil field by drilling exploratory wells. Each well that is drilled has a 0.7% chance of finding the oil, which would be worth 20 million dollars, but it also has a 0.2% chance of a catastrophic explosion that would ruin the rig resulting in a loss of 5 million dollars. Additionally, it costs $125,000 for each drill site. How many drill sites should you order to maximize your total expected return? (whole number answer)
2. drilling the optimum number of drill sites, what is the expected return?
3. what is the probability you find the oil, at the optimal number of drill sites?
4. what is the probability you have a catastrophe? three decimals accuracy!
5. You have just been presented with an alternative: you can equip your drilling rigs with a device that lowers the probability of a catastrophe by 75%, but it increases the cost of each drill site by $2000. If you chose this option, what would your maximal expected profit be?
Noventis Corporation prepared the following estimates for the four quarters of the current year:Additional Information• First-quarter administrative costs include the $16...Jul 21 2020
Use simple engineering intuition to find the input resistance of the circuit in Figure P3−23. Use either node-voltage or mesh-current analysis to prove your intuition.Jun 15 2020
An increase in the nominal money supply would shift the: Select one: a. aggregate demand curve rightward. b. aggregate demand curve leftward. c. aggregate supply curve ri...May 26 2020
The adjusted trial balance for Appleton Appliances, Ltd. On June 30, the end of its first month of operation is as follows: The general ledger reveals the following addit...Apr 12 2020
Section A: Apple Inc.1. Why Apple has been successful?2. Is there any systematic "approach" to innovation at apple? If yes, how would you characterize it? Can it be imita...Aug 15 2020
Consider a periodic signal x(t) which can be represented by the first K Fourier Series coefficients. Determine the impulse response of the system that can yield x(t) when...Apr 27 2020
Model for Making Tactical Decisions Austin Porter is a sophomore at a small Midwestern university (SMWU). He is considering whether to continue at this university or to t...Jun 27 2020
Gutierrez Company has four operating divisions. During the first quarter of 2014, the company reported aggregate income from operations of $215,800 and the following divi...Jun 24 2020
Part 2 – Reflective QuestionsIdentify 2 strategies you would implement to ensure documentation can be shared with familiesIdentify 2 confidentially practices you would ne...Aug 09 2020
Show transcribed image text In this problem, you are asked to address the kinematics and kinetics of a Common mechanism, the Scotch yoke, or slotted link mechanism. A wel...Jun 29 2020