More Expected Values: Please show work along with answer
1. Your company is exploring a potential oil field by drilling exploratory wells. Each well that is drilled has a 0.7% chance of finding the oil, which would be worth 20 million dollars, but it also has a 0.2% chance of a catastrophic explosion that would ruin the rig resulting in a loss of 5 million dollars. Additionally, it costs $125,000 for each drill site. How many drill sites should you order to maximize your total expected return? (whole number answer)
2. drilling the optimum number of drill sites, what is the expected return?
3. what is the probability you find the oil, at the optimal number of drill sites?
4. what is the probability you have a catastrophe? three decimals accuracy!
5. You have just been presented with an alternative: you can equip your drilling rigs with a device that lowers the probability of a catastrophe by 75%, but it increases the cost of each drill site by $2000. If you chose this option, what would your maximal expected profit be?
If the law of diminishing marginal product did not hold,the world’s food supply could be grown in a flowerpot.Breifly explain your answer.May 04 2020
Your firm is financed 100% with equity and has a cost of equity capital of 12% You are considering your first debt issue, which would change your capital structure to 30%...Apr 30 2020
Calculate the market Price(PV) of a COUPON Bond which has the data given below: Nominal Value 2,000,000 TL Term 1 Year Yearly Coupon Rate 12% Coupon Payments SEMI ANNU...Aug 17 2020
Overhead Variance Analysis The Lubbock plant of Morril’s Small Motor Division produces a major subassembly for a 6.0 horsepower motor for lawn mowers. The plant uses a st...Jun 27 2020
Prior to adjustment at the end of the year, the balance in Trucks is $296,900 and the balance in Accumulated Depreciation-Trucks is $99,740. Details of the subsidiary led...May 22 2020
The Court will block proposed horizontal and vertical mergers whena. there are many firms in the marketb. economies of scale existc. junk bonds are involvedd. the stock ...Dec 12 2019
Determine the force in members AD, and CE of the truss shown 4.5 m4.5 m-4.5 m 20 kN 20 kN 36 kN A 2.4 mDetermine the force in members AD, and CE of the truss shown 4.5 m4...May 19 2020
Read the account of Elijah and the two altars (one to God, one to Baal) in the Old Testament as found in Kings 18:21-39. Write a paper that analyzes Elijah’s methods in t...Feb 14 2020
Given the following information about Elizabeth McSnerd’s preferences for ice cream cones and candy bars, she made a decision to spend $10. The price of...Dec 09 2019
Which of the following are characteristics of the planning process usually adopted in the Japanese management style?I. Long-term orientation. II. Individual decision-mak...Jan 02 2018