Create an Account

Already have account?

Forgot Your Password ?

Home / Questions / Lifefit Products sells running shoes and shorts The following is selected per-unit informa...

Lifefit Products sells running shoes and shorts The following is selected per-unit information for these two product Fixed costs and expenses amount

Lifefit Products sells running shoes and shorts. The following is selected per-unit information for these two products:  Fixed costs and expenses amount to $378,000 per month. Lifefit has total sales of $1 million per month, of which 80 percent result from the sale of running shoes and the other 20 percent from the sale of shorts. Instructions a. Compute separately the contribution margin ratio for each line of products. b. Assuming the current sales mix, compute: 1. Average contribution margin ratio of total monthly sales. 2. Monthly operating income. 3. The monthly break-even sales volume (stated in dollars). c. Assume that through aggressive marketing Lifefit is able to shift its sales mix toward more sales of shorts. Total sales remain $1 million per month, but now 30 percent of this revenue stems from sales of shorts. Using this new sales mix, compute: 1. Average contribution margin ratio of total monthly sales. 2. Monthly operating income. 3. The monthly break-even sales volume (stated in dollars). d. Explain why the company’s financial picture changes so significantly with the new salesmix.

Apr 25 2020 View more View Less

Answer (Solved)

question Subscribe To Get Solution

Related Questions