Knowledge of the responsibilities and duties of the IS department helps one become an effe
Knowledge of the responsibilities and duties of the IS department helps one become an effective consumer of the IS department's resources.
2) You need to know about the functions of the IS department to be a better informed and effective manager or executive.
3) One of the responsibilities of the IT department is to maintain information systems and operate and manage infrastructure.
4) The IT department is responsible for adapting infrastructure and systems to the new business goals.
5) It is the company management's responsibility to align all of the IT department's activities with the organization's primary goals and objectives.
6) IT infrastructure and systems are known to be particularly adaptable to change.
7) As the IS department is responsible for maintaining the computers and related equipment and for connecting them to the organizational networks, the department will specify standard computer systems and configurations that it will support.
8) Networks and servers need to be powered on and monitored.
9) A common title for the principal manager of the IT department is Chief Development Officer.
10) In some organizations, the CIO reports to the COO, though most often report directly to the CEO.