Kari is the VP of a mid-sized plant. Employees are able to see how their work affects the plant's performance. The corporation is relatively flat and the market for the product is quite stable. Which of the following would be the best choice of a pay-for-performance plan?
A) Individual-based pay
B) Merit-based pay
C) A gainsharing plan
D) A team-based plan
62) Profit sharing is one type of:
A) team-based pay-for-performance plan.
B) corporate-wide incentive pay plan.
C) plantwide incentive pay plan.
D) gainsharing plan.
63) Profit sharing differs from gainsharing in that profit sharing:
A) doesn't reward productivity improvements.
B) accepts that people are extrinsically motivated.
C) often leads to decreases in productivity.
D) maintains individual equity.
64) An ESOP-based incentive compensation plan:
A) is based entirely on productivity and quality gains.
B) resembles an Improshare plan that distributes corporate savings to workers.
C) is based on the entire company's performance and rewards employees with stock.
D) combines the best features of an individual-based plan and a team-based incentive plan.
65) Profit sharing and ESOPs are both:
A) corporatewide compensation plans.
B) gainsharing incentive plans.
C) fixed compensation plans.
D) team-based pay-for-performance plans.
66) Mario Development Group wants to give employees incentives while getting the maximum tax advantage for them and the firm. Flexibility in compensation costs is important. The firm needs to keep fixed compensation low while still attracting high quality job candidates. Which of the following would be most appropriate for Mario Development Group?
A) Scanlon plan
B) Rucker plan
C) Profit sharing
D) Merit pay
67) Which of the following is an advantage of corporatewide pay-for-performance plans?
A) Financial flexibility
B) Group cohesiveness
C) Minimal employee risks
D) Significant productivity improvements
68) Profit-sharing and ESOP-type compensation plans feature some significant drawbacks, such as:
A) having only a limited effect on organizational productivity.
B) increasing internal competition among employees.
C) generating labor-management conflicts.
D) increasing corporate tax responsibilities.
69) Employees who are rewarded on the basis of corporate-wide pay-for-performance plans:
A) show a clear increase in productivity, morale, and loyalty.
B) are put at risk due to factors affecting corporate stock prices.
C) are financially secure if they are in a profit-sharing plan.
D) typically pay very high taxes for their incentives.
70) Profit-sharing plans are most attractive to employers and employees alike when the firm:
A) employs mostly older workers who are near retirement age.
B) faces highly cyclical ups and downs in product demand.
C) is a small, start-up in the high-tech field.
D) has high labor costs.
What is the chemical formula of magnesium nitrite?Jun 21 2021
When 1.10 g of magnesium reacts with 300.0 mL of 0.800 M HCl, the products are hydrogen gas and magnesium chloride. What volume of hydrogen gas would be collected if the ...May 16 2021
Find the eigenvalues and one eigenvector of A = 2 -1 -1 0 -1 3 -1 -1 -1 -1 3 -1 0-1 -1 2Jun 03 2021
Birth weights at a local hospital have a normal distribution with a mean of 110 oz. and a standard deviation of 15 oz. What is the probability that a child born at this h...Jul 02 2020
tie-down on the deck of a sailboat consists of a bent bar bolted at both ends, as shown in the figure. The diameter dB of the bar is 1/4 in., the diameter dW of the was...Jun 30 2020
The return of supplies purchased on account is recorded in the purchase journal. True or FalseMay 20 2021
GA Foundations of Finance 01/02/21 1:15 PM Homework: Homework IV Save HW Score: 33.33%, 2 of 6 pts Score: 0 of 1 pt 5 of 6 (2 complete) Instructor-created question Moonli...Apr 04 2021
Early in the year Bill Sharnes and several friends organized a corporation called Sharnes Communication, Inc. the corporation was authorized to issue 50,000 shares of $10...Sep 10 2020
An element's most stable ion forms an ionic compound with bromine, having the formula XBr2. If the ion element X has a mass number of 230 and has 86 electrons, what is th...Jun 19 2021
creative essay relating to the ending of euripides play Medea. in my version of Medea i have to relate it to the battle of troyFeb 15 2020