It is most critical to gather the input of ________ when developing an effective safety program.
A) the CEO
B) line workers
C) HR representatives
D) middle management
105) An effective safety program:
A) requires a safety director to attend meetings with OSHA representatives.
B) includes a safety committee made of employees from all departments.
C) lets safety be its own reward for employees' safe performance.
D) enforces safety rules randomly and with flexibility.
106) In order to be the most effective, a company's safety committee should consist of:
A) line managers who provide personal protective equipment.
B) managers and employees who mete out punishments for safety violations.
C) managers and employees who evaluate safety procedures and review accidents.
D) upper level managers who communicate health and safety rules and monitor work sites.
107) Lionel Electrical has recently developed a comprehensive safety program. Which of the following is LEAST likely to occur at the firm as a result?
A) Reducing accident-related costs
B) Conducting fewer safety inspections
C) Experiencing fewer employee accidents
D) Receiving fewer workers' compensation claims
108) Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs) are primarily designed to:
A) eliminate violence in the workplace by identifying and treating potentially violent employees.
B) create drug-free working environments by providing confidential drug treatment for employees.
C) prevent health problems by proactively encouraging and training employees to lead healthier lives.
D) help employees whose job performance is suffering due to physical, mental, or emotional problems.
109) Many firms create EAPs because such programs are:
A) required by the Drug-Free Workplace Act.
B) strongly recommended by OSHA and the ADA.
C) tools for protecting workers' physical and mental health.
D) cost-effective ways to improve productivity and quality.
110) Stress often results in ________, a syndrome characterized by emotional exhaustion and reduced personal accomplishment.
D) situational sickness
111) Employee burnout:
A) causes mental but not physical problems.
B) is the leading cause of workplace violence.
C) cannot be effectively treated by an EAP.
D) negatively affects employee performance.
112) Which of the following is the LEAST likely warning sign of depression?
A) Chest pains
C) Accident proneness
113) Khalil's performance has become increasingly poor. He is arguing with clients, and his co-workers are uncomfortable around him because of his displays of temper. Khalil's supervisor asks you, the HR manager, how to improve the situation. You should most likely suggest that the supervisor:
A) refer Khalil to an EAP on the basis of emotional problems.
B) encourage Khalil to work the problem out himself.
C) refer Khalil to an EAP on the basis of his poor performance.
D) give Khalil a sabbatical that is effective immediately.
Why are interest rates so low in the traditional core markets of USD and EUR? 2. What makes this "emerging market carry trade" so different from traditional forms of unc...Apr 01 2020
What a specific steps might you take early in the frames life to ensur that the new teams is avoid some of the problems Hackman identified?.Apr 29 2020
Sketch the polar curveJul 13 2021
In Your Court: Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act. Texas Trading & Milling Corp. and other companies brought an action for breach of contract against the Republic of Nigeri...Aug 18 2021
1. With reference to Figure 11-23, what is the value of the number stored at the destination if N7:3 contains a value of 500)2. With reference to Figure 11-24, what is th...Jul 14 2020
The Manhawkin Fund has an expected return of 16% and a standard deviation of 20%. The risk-free rate is 4%. What is the reward-to-volatility ratio for the Manhawkin Fund?...Nov 30 2019
Which of the following is not an example of terminal values?a.Happinessb.Pridec.Honestyd.HarmonyWhich of the following statement about values is incorrect?a.Values are at...Apr 09 2021
In early 2015, RadioShack began closing sales at over 1,700 stores as part of its major restructuring after declaring bankruptcy.More information on the restructuring can...Apr 08 2020
f(x + 6) dx = find na ſaru f(x) dx.Jun 07 2021
Find the distance from the point to the line through the points p and R where Q=(1,1,1).P-(1,2, -1), R=(2,0.3). 48 √24 a. d- b. d- 44 40 744 18 C d- d. d- V21 V24 f. d 20 V21May 07 2021