Indy Company has the following data for one of its manufacturing plants: Maximum units produced in a quarter (3-month period): 250,000 units Actual units produced in a quarter (3-month period): 200,000 units Productive hours in one quarter: 25,000 hours
(Appendix 12A) Calculating Manufacturing Cycle Efficiency Refer to the information for Indy Company on the previous page. The actual cycle time for Indy Company is 7.5 minutes and the theoretical cycle time is 6 minutes.
1. Calculate the amount of processing time and the amount of nonprocessing time.
2. Calculate the MCE
THE BALANCED SCORECARD—BASIC CONCEPTS Segment income, ROI, residual income, and EVA are important measures of managerial performance, but they lead managers to focus only on dollar figures, which may not tell the whole story for the company. In addition, lower-level managers and employees may feel helpless to affect income or investment. As a result, nonfinancial operating measures that look at such factors as market share, customer complaints, personnel turnover ratios, and personnel development have been developed. Letting lower-level managers know that attention to long-run factors is also vital reduces the tendency to overemphasize financial measures. Managers in an advanced manufacturing environment are especially likely to use multiple measures of performance and to include nonfinancial as well as financial measures. For example, General Motors evaluated Robert Lutz, then head of product development, on the basis of 12 criteria. These criteria include how well he used existing parts in new vehicles and how many engineering hours he cut from the development process.7 The Balanced Scorecard is a strategic management system that defines a strategic based responsibility accounting system. The Balanced Scorecard translates an organization’s mission and strategy into operational objectives and performance measures for the following four perspectives:
• The financial perspective describes the economic consequences of actions taken in the other three perspectives.
• The customer perspective defines the customer and market segments in which the business unit will compete.
• The internal business process perspective describes the internal processes needed to provide value for customers and owners.
• The learning and growth (infrastructure) perspective defines the capabilities that an organization needs to create long-term growth and improvement. This perspective is concerned with three major enabling factors: employee capabilities, information systems capabilities, and employee attitudes (motivation, empowerment, and alignment).
5. Which of the following is a benefit associated with succession planning? a) Force senior management to regularly review the company's leadership talent b) Assures that...May 07 2021
Use this information for the following three questions A colleague has estimated the index model using excess returns for two companies Cincinatti Ltd and Columbus Ltd Th...Feb 14 2020
Laura is a manager for HP. When Laura must decide whether to produce a few additional printers, she is choosing at the margin when she compares:A) the total revenue from ...Nov 23 2019
Which of the following describes how sociology is different from economics?Jun 01 2021
Ajax Corporation has hired Tony Pepperoni as its new president. Terms included the company"s agreeing to pay retirement benefits of $18,100 at the end of each semiannual ...Jun 24 2021
Greene seems to ha!e drifted into being a teacher. Gi!en his needs and moti!ations, do you thin? teachingis an appropriate profession for him- E#plain. >Jul 08 2020
Write a set of parametric equations for the line segment starting at (4,2) and ends at (5,3) with respect to the parameter, t.NOTE: Assume the range values of t would be 0 ≤t ≤ 1Jul 23 2021
The CPI bias arises from all of the following items except _______. A. the introduction of new goods and services B. the improved quality of goods C. the goods and servic...May 07 2020
Plants in ________ are adapted to periodic fires.a. desertsb. boreal forestsc. tropical rain forestsd. chaparralJul 04 2021
In logistics development: What benefit is there for a sales outlet to have a supply flatform? Who are the potential suppliers for the platform? What is the sales network&...Dec 03 2019