In the long-run production function, all of the inputs to the production process are allowed to vary.
56) The fact that a firm is using a capital-intensive method of production means that input substitution is not possible.
57) A firm is more likely to use a labor-intensive method of production when the relative amount of available labor is greater than the available amount of capital.
58) A change in technology or the relative prices of the inputs used in a production process would cause a manager's choice of inputs to use in the production process to change as well.
59) All else constant, a decrease in the per unit price of labor would create an incentive for a firm manager to substitute labor for capital in the firm's production process.
60) Assuming capital and labor are substitutes, an improvement in technology that affects only the productivity of capital would cause a firm to employ more capital but leave the amount of labor employed unchanged.
61) Studies and recent experience suggest that there is considerable potential for substitution between doctors and nurses in the production of health care services.
62) Studies and experience suggest that labor and capital are highly complementary inputs to the production of pipe organs.
63) The fact that supermarkets, a land-intensive form of organization, have become the dominant form of grocery store in the United States suggests that there is little or no potential for input substitution in the grocery store business.
64) X-inefficiency refers to the situation in which firms with market power are operating in the upward-sloping segment of their long-run average cost curve.
On February 1, Clovis Wilson Law Firm contracted to provide $3,000 of legal services for the next three months and received $3,000 cash from the client. Assuming Wilson r...Apr 21 2020
Q3)Describe the process through which traditions and customs are maintained in anyorganization. Identify the factors that contribute to the uniqueness of eachorganization...May 25 2020
Kffor the complex ion Ag(NH32 is 1.7×107Ksp for AgCl is 1.6×10−10. Calculate the molar solubility of AgCl in 1.0 M NH3Jun 12 2021
Western Outfitters Mountain Sports projected 2008 sales of 75,000 units at a unit sale price of $12.00. Actual 2008 sales were 72,000 units at $14.00 per unit. Actual var...Jun 25 2021
Estimating and reporting bad debts LO P2, P3[The following information applies to the questions displayed below.] At December 31, 2017, Hawke Company reports the follo...Aug 10 2021
Glacier Products Inc. is a wholesaler of rock climbing gear. The company began operations on January 1, 2016. The following transactions relate to securities acquired by ...Apr 02 2020
Consider the following statements : A: Auditors are appointed by a company's senior management team B: The board of directors play a key role in preparing a company's f...Jul 27 2021
The Margin which takes care that all daily losses must be met by the investor by depositing of further collateral by the close of business, the following day is known as ...Jan 03 2018
DFB, Inc., expects earnings this year of $4.43 perâ share, and it plans to pay a $2.67dividend to shareholders. DFB will retain $1.76per share of its earnings to reinve...May 27 2021
Compare and contrast between mass and continuous types of production systems in manufacturing companies.Jul 27 2020