In the long-run production function, all of the inputs to the production process are allowed to vary.
56) The fact that a firm is using a capital-intensive method of production means that input substitution is not possible.
57) A firm is more likely to use a labor-intensive method of production when the relative amount of available labor is greater than the available amount of capital.
58) A change in technology or the relative prices of the inputs used in a production process would cause a manager's choice of inputs to use in the production process to change as well.
59) All else constant, a decrease in the per unit price of labor would create an incentive for a firm manager to substitute labor for capital in the firm's production process.
60) Assuming capital and labor are substitutes, an improvement in technology that affects only the productivity of capital would cause a firm to employ more capital but leave the amount of labor employed unchanged.
61) Studies and recent experience suggest that there is considerable potential for substitution between doctors and nurses in the production of health care services.
62) Studies and experience suggest that labor and capital are highly complementary inputs to the production of pipe organs.
63) The fact that supermarkets, a land-intensive form of organization, have become the dominant form of grocery store in the United States suggests that there is little or no potential for input substitution in the grocery store business.
64) X-inefficiency refers to the situation in which firms with market power are operating in the upward-sloping segment of their long-run average cost curve.
46. Evaluating location alternatives by comparing their composite (weighted-average) scores involves a. factor rating analysis b. cost-volume analysis c. transportatio...Nov 22 2019
Which of the following factors is least likely to act as a constraint on pricing?a) Social responsibility impact the product has on society.b) Cost of changing prices and...May 05 2021
The equation of bending of a strut is EI d^2 y/dx^2 +py =0 at x=0 , y =1 at x =1/2. Find y >Aug 05 2020
What is the Lewis structure for , with the central atom of I. Is the molecular polar or nonpolar? Identify the intermolecular forces present?May 24 2021
Firms AFD, TYU, CHG, and LAN are competitors within an industry. Their respective sales figures are $2.7 billion, $3.7 billion, $4.7 billion, and $2.1 billion. (Note: The...May 25 2021
A body of mass 5kg is connected by a light inelastic string which is passed over a fixed frictionless pulley to a movable frictionless pulley of mass 1kg over which is wr...Jun 20 2020
I attempted this problem and tried to do the company's income statement for on company for december but my numbers aren't adding up at all. I attached a picture of the or...Sep 12 2020
Vector components for a crane-boom. (Section 1.4) Shown right is a crane whose cab A supports a boom B that swings a wrecking ball Co i Jare right-handed orthogonal unit ...May 13 2020
x + xy = x is called, (a)Commutative Law (b)Associative Law (c)Distributive Law (d)Absorption Law (e)Identity Law.Jan 06 2018
1.Paper Chasers, a shop that specializes in confetti has a 401(k) plan that allows plan loans up to the legal limit allowed by law. Participants must repay the loans unde...Jul 14 2021