In 2010, Norwood Limited had sales and cost of sales of $250,000 and $62,500 respectively. The company had shareholders equity of $100,000 and its assets were $125,000. The company's gross margin for 2010 was:
14) Calculate gross margin percentage for the following independent situations.
Purchases during the year340,700
Purchases during the year270,000
Purchases during the year420,000
Purchases during the year127,000
15) State some methods retailers might use to increase the gross margin on sales.
? Increase advertising to help boost sales.
? Increase the selling price of the products.
? Cut the cost of inventory purchases by taking advantage of purchase discounts,
purchasing in large quantities, and searching for economical shipping rates.
16) Discuss methods companies could use to increase the rate of inventory turnover.
? Conduct market research to pinpoint which products sell the best to particular groups of customers.
? Decrease the selling price of products.
? Reduce the amount of inventory kept on hand.
17) Victory Stables had sales and cost of sales of $600,000 and $450,000 respectively in 2011. The company had shareholders equity of $750,000 and its assets were $1,125,000. Calculate the company's gross margin and gross profit percentage for 2011.
18) Smart-T Incorporated had sales and cost of sales of $1,850,000 and $1,100,000 respectively in 2011. The company had shareholders equity of $925,000, liabilities of $775,000 and assets of $1,125,000. Included in Smart-T's assets was inventory valued at $100,000 which was a $50,000 increase from the previous year's holdings.
A financial analyst recommends purchasing DUDDZ, Inc. at $24.49. The stock pays a $1.60 dividend which is expected to grow annually at 4 percent. If you want to earn 10 p...Feb 08 2020
Ski and Board are two identical firms of identical size operating in identical markets. Ski is unlevered with assets valued at $12000 and has 600 shares of stock outstand...Sep 02 2020
Draw a context diagram for a standard coffeemaker. Make sure to identify all of the external entities and label all of the interactions.2. Draw a context diagram for a s...Jun 11 2020
Find the minima of the function f (x) x1x2 on the unit circle x 2 1 + x 2 2 1. Illustrate this problem geometrically.Aug 06 2020
The income statement shows net sales which is equal toa.earnings before taxes minus taxes.b.gross revenues minus returns and allowances.c.net sales minus cost of goods so...Aug 10 2020
A 31.5-g glass thermometer reads 23.6°C before it is placed in 135 mL of water. When the water and thermometer come to equilibrium, the thermometer reads 41.8°C. What was...May 05 2020
The following payoff table depicts service competition between two hospitals in a southeastern city. These two hospitals dominate the market in this city. (Each payof...Jan 07 2020
Suppose that the government reduces spending on highway construction by $10 billion. Which way does the aggregate-demand curve shift? Explain why the shift might be lar...Mar 29 2020
Consider an asset that costs $783,200 and is depreciated straight-line to zero over its eight-year tax life. The asset is to be used in a five-year project; at the end of...Apr 11 2020
Firms A and B are similar except that A is unlevered, while B has Rs. 200000 of 5% debentures outstanding. Assume that the tax rate is 40%. NOI is Rs.40000 and the cost o...May 29 2020
Welcome to MyCourseHelp Services, World's leading Academic solutions provider with Millions of Happy Students.