In 2008, how many Russians lived below the poverty level? A) 50% B) 14% C) 2% D) 80%
In 2008, how many Russians lived below the poverty level?
42) Barchans are:
A) isolated remnants of worn-down mountain ranges
B) impenetrable thickets of hardy trees and thorny bushes
C) long ridges of sand in crescent-shaped dunes
D) blocks of land that drops between two others, forming a steep-sided trough
E) salt deposits caused when water evaporates from the surface of the land
43) After the fall of the Soviet Union, some 25 million Russians found themselves to be ethnic minorities in newly independent countries. The largest number of minorities was found in what state?
44) The fastest growing religious group in Russia is:
45) The "Golden Age" of Russian high culture was:
A) late 14th and early 15th centuries
B) late 19th and early 20th centuries
C) late 12th and early 13th centuries
D) late 20th and early 21st centuries
E) late 17th and early 18th centuries
46) In 2005, the number of women who held seats in the Russian parliament was:
A) less than 4%
47) The last leader of the Soviet Union was:
A) Nicholas II
48) This is a low-growing, cold-resistant vegetation type found in the Siberian Plain.
E) none of these
49) Which one of the following countries was once part of the Russian Empire?
E) They all were once part of the Russian Empire.
50) Which country defeated Russia in 1904 and halted Russia's territorial expansion?
E) the United States