If the exchange rate is such that $1 equal 5 euros, then the price of a euro is
52) An increase in the value of a domestic currency in terms of other currencies is known as
A) an appreciation.
B) a depreciation.
C) a flexible exchange rate.
D) a discount rate.
53) Assume that there is an increased demand in Canada for European wines. If all other factors are held constant, this will result in
A) an increase in the exchange rate for euros.
B) an appreciation of the dollar.
C) a movement along the demand curve for European wine.
D) a decrease in the par value of the euro.
54) A depreciation of the Canadian dollar relative to the euro would tend to
A) increase Canadian imports from Europe.
B) increase Canadian exports to Europe.
C) decrease Canadian exports to Europe.
D) increase both Canadian imports from Europe and Canadian exports to Europe.
55) The demand for foreign currency in Canada is a
A) direct demand.
B) derived demand based on the demand for Canadian products.
C) derived demand based on the demand for foreign products.
D) direct demand based on the demand for Canadian dollars.
56) Suppose the exchange rate is $5 for a euro; suppose further that the exchange rate falls to $4 for a euro. We would then expect to see
A) more exports to Europe since the price of the euro has risen.
B) fewer exports to Europe since the price of the euro has risen.
C) more Canadian imports from Europe since the price of the euro has fallen.
D) more Canadian exports since the price of the dollar has fallen.
57) Under a flexible exchange rate system, a decrease in the value of a domestic currency in terms of foreign currencies is referred to as
A) an appreciation.
B) a depreciation.
C) a devaluation.
D) a revaluation.
58) As the dollar price of a euro falls,
A) Canadians will purchase fewer European imports.
B) the quantity of euros supplied will increase.
C) European goods will be less expensive for Canadians.
D) the Europeans will increase their purchases of Canadian assets.
59) As the dollar price of a euro increases
A) the demand for euros will increase.
B) the price of European goods will fall for Canadians.
C) the Europeans will desire to purchase more Canadian goods.
D) Canadians will increase their travel to Europe.
60) Which of the following will lead to a depreciation of the dollar against the British pound?
A) an increase in British demand for Canadian imports
B) an increase in Canadian interest rates
C) a decrease in British demand for Canadian assets
D) a decrease in Canadian demand for British goods
According to the principle of "Span of control" there is A. A tendency of overload supervisors with too much of work B. A limit to the number of subordinates a supe...Nov 28 2017
Tayyaba heads the editorial team of a publishing company. She wants to align her subordinates towards the main objectives of the company. Which of the following strategie...Apr 22 2021
select a product (other than toothpaste) about which you are fairly knowledge-able and develop a preliminery description of possible benefit segment following the structu...May 05 2020
In 2006, your company purchased a front-end loader for $150,000, a dump truck for $85,000, and a… In 2006, your company purchased a front-end loader for $150,000, a dump ...Jul 10 2020
Production of pressure vessels is fastening an operkended cylinder and two rigid plates with boks. The cylinder made of Wass. The plates are attached with four W 7/16. st...Jun 02 2020
Common stock value—Variablegrowth Personal Finance Problem Home Place Hotels, Inc., is entering into a 3-year remodeling and expansion project. The construction will...Apr 09 2021
How do organizations ensure codes of business ethics are read, understood, believed, remembered and acted upon in achieving employee's loyalty. Give clear explanations us...Apr 20 2021
1. Which of the six bases of power lie with the individual? Which are derived from the organization?2. State the general dependency postulate. What does it mean?3. What c...Jul 08 2020
Let (a) Find each of the following limits or explain why it does not exist.(b) For which values of a does not exist?(c) Sketch a graph of gJun 30 2021
Meso organizational behavior is related with? A. Individual behavior B.group behavior C.organizational behavior D.none of these >May 01 2020