If the exchange rate is such that $1 equal 5 euros, then the price of a euro is
52) An increase in the value of a domestic currency in terms of other currencies is known as
A) an appreciation.
B) a depreciation.
C) a flexible exchange rate.
D) a discount rate.
53) Assume that there is an increased demand in Canada for European wines. If all other factors are held constant, this will result in
A) an increase in the exchange rate for euros.
B) an appreciation of the dollar.
C) a movement along the demand curve for European wine.
D) a decrease in the par value of the euro.
54) A depreciation of the Canadian dollar relative to the euro would tend to
A) increase Canadian imports from Europe.
B) increase Canadian exports to Europe.
C) decrease Canadian exports to Europe.
D) increase both Canadian imports from Europe and Canadian exports to Europe.
55) The demand for foreign currency in Canada is a
A) direct demand.
B) derived demand based on the demand for Canadian products.
C) derived demand based on the demand for foreign products.
D) direct demand based on the demand for Canadian dollars.
56) Suppose the exchange rate is $5 for a euro; suppose further that the exchange rate falls to $4 for a euro. We would then expect to see
A) more exports to Europe since the price of the euro has risen.
B) fewer exports to Europe since the price of the euro has risen.
C) more Canadian imports from Europe since the price of the euro has fallen.
D) more Canadian exports since the price of the dollar has fallen.
57) Under a flexible exchange rate system, a decrease in the value of a domestic currency in terms of foreign currencies is referred to as
A) an appreciation.
B) a depreciation.
C) a devaluation.
D) a revaluation.
58) As the dollar price of a euro falls,
A) Canadians will purchase fewer European imports.
B) the quantity of euros supplied will increase.
C) European goods will be less expensive for Canadians.
D) the Europeans will increase their purchases of Canadian assets.
59) As the dollar price of a euro increases
A) the demand for euros will increase.
B) the price of European goods will fall for Canadians.
C) the Europeans will desire to purchase more Canadian goods.
D) Canadians will increase their travel to Europe.
60) Which of the following will lead to a depreciation of the dollar against the British pound?
A) an increase in British demand for Canadian imports
B) an increase in Canadian interest rates
C) a decrease in British demand for Canadian assets
D) a decrease in Canadian demand for British goods
In plants, haploid cells (A) Divide by meiosis (B) Must immediately undergo syngamy (C) Will cross over (D) Differentiate into somatic cells (E) Divide by mitosisMar 13 2018
When implementing security in a DBMS, which of the following is not supported by the GRANT command? (a)Providing DELETE privileges (b)Supporting the devolution of acc...Dec 28 2017
Determine the free vibration response of the structure of Problem 10.6 (and Problem 9.5) if it is displaced as shown in Fig. P10.8a and b and released. Comment on the rel...Jun 10 2020
1. Determine the minimum bandwidth and baud for a BPSK modulator with a carrier frequency of 40 MHz and an input bit rate of 500 kbps. Sketch the output spectrum.2. For t...Jul 28 2020
A portfolio comprises Coke (beta of 1.2) and Wal-Mart (beta of 1). The amount invested in Coke is $10,000 and in Wal-Mart is $20,000. What is the beta of the portfolio? О...Aug 28 2020
A 8% coupon bond with an ask price of $1000 pays interest every 180 days. If the bond paid interest 40 days ago, the dirty price of the bond would be: d nteiest (a) $1,36...Aug 30 2020
Consider an economy Alpha with 2000 people of whom 240 of them are below the working age of 16 years. There are 1160 full time workers, 200 part-time workers, 160 housewi...Feb 07 2020
Have you ever been part of a new system implementation? If so, how did it go? Did the system designers provide proper training? How much documentation was provided?May 30 2018
Cost-Benefit AnalysisA soft drink maker wants to expand into a neighboring country They want the product bottled in that country to avoid political issues and to enhanc...Mar 19 2020
Charles Cameron, Managing Director of the Ultra Mix Company is concerned about the company’s pricing policy, labour costs and material usage. He has asked you to look at ...May 10 2018
Welcome to MyCourseHelp Services, World's leading Academic solutions provider with Millions of Happy Students.