If all other factors are held constant, an increase in imports
A) causes an increase in exports of the same size.
B) causes GDP to increase.
C) causes GDP to decrease.
D) can cause GDP to increase or decrease, depending on whether the imports are purchased by consumers or by business firms.
52) If GDP equals $1 billion, investment expenditures are $200 million, exports equal imports, and government spending is $400 million, then
A) consumption expenditures are $200 million.
B) consumption expenditures are $400 million.
C) spending on consumer durables must be $400 billion.
D) we cannot determine what expenditures on consumption are without more information.
53) If imports are $100 million less than exports, government spending is $500 million, consumer expenditures are $1 billion, and investment spending is $500 million, then GDP is
A) $1 billion.
B) $1.9 billion.
C) $2 billion.
D) $2.1 billion.
54) If consumption expenditures are $500 million, spending on fixed investment is $100 million, the increase in inventories equals $5 million, imports are $50 million, exports are $55 million, government spending on goods and services is $200 million, than GDP is
A) $790 million.
B) $800 million.
C) $810 million.
D) $830 million.
55) If consumption expenditures are $100 million, net investment is $50 million, imports are $20 million, exports are $10 million, government spending on goods and services is $40 million, social security spending is $15 million, and sales of existing homes equals $40 million, then what is the measure of GDP?
A) GDP = $225 million
B) GDP = $180 million
C) GDP = $295 million
D) GDP = $195 million
56) The value of GDP, when estimated by the income approach, is the sum of
A) consumption expenditures, investment spending, and profits.
B) consumption, wages, rents, interest, and profits.
C) income earned by all factors of production.
D) depreciation, indirect business taxes, and income earned by the factors of production.
Federal government purchase136
Wages and salaries1,735
Change in business payments262
Indirect business Corporate profits194
57) According to Table 5-3, gross domestic product as calculated by the income approach is
A) $2,592 billion.
B) $2,819 billion.
C) $2,925 billion.
D) $2,205 billion.
58) According to Table 5-3, net domestic product is
A) $2,259 billion.
B) $2,592 billion.
C) $1,872 billion.
D) $2,486 billion.
59) According to Table 5-3, national income is
A) $2,333 billion.
B) $2,259 billion.
C) $2,486 billion.
D) $1,872 billion.
Indirect Business Taxes$200
Gross Corporate Profits plus Proprietors' Income$640
Rental Income (including implicit rents)$375
Depreciation (capital consumption allowance)$275
Wage and Salary Income$2,200
60) According to Table 5-4, gross domestic product is
The Armory Committee was composed of officers from various National Guard units. It organized a New Year's Eve dance at a charge of $2 per person to defray costs. Perry, ...Aug 08 2021
At time 0, I have $2. At times 1, 2, . . . , I play a game in which I bet $1. With probability p, I win the game, and with probability 1 - p, I lose the game. My goal is ...Aug 05 2020
What test can be used to compare event rates among the three groups?Aug 02 2020
Go to www.pearsonglobaleditions.com/mymarketinglab for the following Assisted-graded writing questions: 13-17. What traits and behaviors should an ethical salesperson pos...Jun 20 2020
In May 2012, IBM was the highest priced stock in the DJIA and Alcoa was the lowest. On May 9, 2012, the DJIA opened at 11,739.19. The divisor at that time was .132316791....Jul 08 2021
Use Taylor's Theorem to obtain an upper bound for the error of the approximation. Then calculate the exact value of the error.Jun 28 2021
The records show that 8% of the items produced by a machine do not meet the specifications. You take a sample of 100 units.11. Find the expected value12. Find the standar...Apr 20 2020
________ is the original source of new alleles.a. Mutationb. Natural selectionc. Gene flowd. Genetic driftJun 05 2021
Let Xn denote the quality of the nth item produced by a production system with Xn = 0 meaning "good" and Xn = 1 meaning "defective." Suppose that Xn evolves as a Markov c...Aug 03 2020
If the average college graduate makes $38,000 more every year than the average highschool graduate, what is the cumulative marginal benefit of a college education if thea...Jun 10 2021