If a company's IS-related programs are not developed in-house, then the development group within its IT department will be staffed primarily by ________.
A) test engineers
B) systems analysts
C) technical writers
22) The development group in a company's IT department is staffed primarily by programmers, test engineers, technical writers, and other development personnel. Based on this information, which of the following is likely to be true?
A) The company develops programs in-house.
B) The company uses licensed software.
C) The company has negotiated outsourcing agreements with other companies.
D) The company contracts work out to other companies.
23) In the context of information systems, ________ means either removing problems or adapting existing information systems to support new features and functions.
24) The ________ group protects data and information assets by establishing data standards and data management practices and policies.
A) data mining
B) information allocation
D) data administration
25) Which of the following is true about the functions of the data administration staff?
A) It is staffed primarily by systems analysts who work with users, operations, and vendors to acquire and install licensed software and to set up the system components around that software.
B) It sells software, network, communications, and consulting services.
C) An important function for this group is to monitor user experience and respond to user problems.
D) It establishes data standards and data management practices and policies.
26) Benefits for which the dollar values can be computed are ________.
A) intangible benefits
B) implicit benefits
C) tangible benefits
D) inherent benefits
27) ________ are those for which it is impossible to compute a dollar value.
A) Explicit benefits
B) Intangible benefits
C) Palpable benefits
D) Tangible benefits
28) A system analyst ________.
A) advises the CIO, executive groups, and project managers on emerging technologies
B) works with users to determine system requirements, designs and develops job descriptions and procedures, helps determine system test plans
C) works with business leaders and planners to develop processes and systems that implement business strategy and goals
D) helps users solve problems and provides training
29) A ________ develops test plans, designs and writes automated test scripts, and performs testing.
A) technical writer
B) systems analyst
C) PQA test engineer
D) network administrator
30) Which of the following is NOT a responsibility of a systems analyst?
A) developing procedures
B) writing programs
C) determining system requirements
D) designing job descriptions
The property of society getting the most it can from its scarce resources is called _________.May 12 2021
he Western Capital Growth mutual fund has Total assets $ 752100000 Total liabilities $7805000 Total number of shares 27967000 What is the fund's net asset value (NAV)? Ro...Aug 15 2021
Program Evaluation and Review Technique (PERT), which is a logical extension of Gantt Chart, can be used as a tool to improve productivity in an organization. PERT is esp...Jan 14 2018
Choose the correct answer.Applications will be given to the (a) first five, (b) five first job candidates.Jul 06 2021
Antique are us is a mature manufacturing firm. The company just paid a dividend of $12.30, but management expects to reduce the payout by 5% per year , indefinitely. >If ...Apr 15 2020
If the economy goes into a recession and income falls, what happens in the market for inferior goods?a. Prices and quantities both rise.b. Prices and quantities both fall...May 06 2021
All the activities involved in selling goods or services directly to final consumers for personal non-business uses are done by _________.wholesalersretailersmediatorscom...Jul 01 2021
If you were the professor and you knew what was going through Vincent’s mind, what would you say to >Aug 04 2020
After all factors have been determined, weights have been assigned, and alternatives have been identified, the next step in decision making is to [A]Identify the problem ...Mar 07 2018
Write a report on critical evaluation of reward system and employee selection processDocument Preview:Write a report on critical evaluation of reward system and employee ...May 25 2020