Identify the best answer for each of the following:
1. On July 1, 20X5, Lilydale Hospital's board of trustees designated $200,000 for expansion of outpatient facilities. The $200,000 is expected to be expended in the fiscal year ending June 30, 20X8. In Lilydale's statement of net position at June 30, 20X6, this cash should be classified as
a. assets limited as to use
b. a restricted noncurrent asset
c. an unrestricted current asset
d. an unrestricted noncurrent asset
2. During the year ended December 31, 20X5, Melford Hospital received the following donations stated at their respective fair values:
Employee services from members of a religious group $100,000
Medical supplies from an association of physicians $30,000
These supplies were restricted for indigent care and were used for such purpose in 20X5.
How much revenue or gain from donations should Melford report in its 20X5 Statement of Revenues, Expenses, and Changes in Net Position?
3. Glenmore County Hospital's property, plant, and equipment (net of accumulated depreciation) consists of the following:
Equipment (purchased from restricted resources) $2,000,000
What portion of these assets should be reflected in the restricted net position?
4. Which of the following would normally be included in other operating revenues of a government hospital?
a. Unrestricted interest income from an endowment
b. An unrestricted gift
c. Donated services
d. Both items b and c
Questions 5 and 6 are based on the following data:
Under Abbey Hospital's established rate structure, the hospital would have earned patient service revenue of $6 million for the year ended December 31, 20X5. However, Abbey did not expect to collect this amount because of charity allowances of $1 million and discounts of $500,000 to third-party payers. In May 20X5, Abbey purchased bandages from Lee Supply Co. at a cost of $1,000. However, Lee notified Abbey that the invoice was being canceled and that the bandages were being donated to Abbey.
5. For the year ended December 31, 20X5, how much should Abbey report as patient service revenue in its Statement of Revenues, Expenses, and Changes in Net Position?
6. For the year ended December 31, 20X5, Abbey should report the donation of bandages as
a. a $1,000 reduction in operating expenses
b. nonoperating gain of $1,000
c. other operating revenue of $1,000
d. a memorandum entry only.
7. A government hospital is required to present all of the following financial statements except
a. a Statement of Net Position
b. a Statement of Cash Flows
c. a Budgetary Operating Statement
d. a Statement of Revenues, Expenses, and Changes in Net Position
8. GAAP for nongovernment not-for-profit hospitals are primarily established by the
d. American Hospital Association
9. Equity classifications for nongovernment not-for-profit hospitals include all of the following except
a. net investment in capital assets
b. unrestricted net assets
c. permanently restricted net assets
d. temporarily restricted net assets
10. Which of the following statements about a nongovernment not-for-profit hospital Statement of Cash Flows is false?
a. A nongovernment not-for-profit hospital Statement of Cash Flows classifies the acquisition of property as an investing activity.
b. The Statement of Cash Flows for a nongovernment not-for-profit hospital reports only three cash flow classifications.
c. FASB cash flow statement guidance is optional for nongovernment not-for-profit hospitals.
d. The Statement of Cash Flows includes a reconciliation of the change in net position to cash provided by operating activities.
Is it necessary to follow a writing process when preparing a short message? A long message? Why or why not?Aug 20 2021
Finding Cross Products in Exercises 7-10, find (a) , (b) , and (c)Aug 06 2021
As manager of the St. Cloud Theatre Company, you have decided that concession sales will support themselves. The following table provides the information you have been ab...Jul 29 2020
1. Calculate the change in internal energy of a fluid in an adiabatic container when a current of 10 A is passed for 70 s through a 4-Ω resistor in contact with the fluid...May 08 2020
1.You are planning to retire in 25 years and currently have $250,000 in your retirement account. You think you will need $1,000,000 at retirement. What interest rate must...Aug 06 2021
Take on the role of a human resources manager and use a social networking site to gain a better understanding of the interviewee's quality. Fabricate a position for your ...Apr 29 2020
Chilled water enters a thin shelled 4 cm diameter, 200 m long pipe at 7 deg. Celsius at a rate of 0.98 kg/sec and leaves at 8 deg. Celsius. The pipe is exposed to anambie...May 08 2020
Show transcribed image textToday is January 19, 2020. You take out a $300,000 mortgage with a 5% annual fixed interest rate. The mortgage is a fully amortizing loan that ...Aug 10 2020
What is the charge on iron (Fe) in each of the following compounds? For compounds with oxygen, remember what the charge on oxygen must be in an ionic compound.a. Fe3P2b. ...May 16 2021
The Selectpersons assigned places on Main Street to the two hot dog vendors, Doug's Dogs and Frank's Franks. Recall that Main Street, depicted below, is 200 yards long, a...Jul 02 2021