Home / Questions / How to prepare a company’s payroll summary. 1) The posted payroll entry is based on info
How to prepare a company’s payroll summary.
1) The posted payroll entry is based on information obtained from
A) the payroll register.
B) the general journal.
C) each employee's earnings record.
D) a TD-1 form.
2) The Office Salaries Expense account would be used to record
A) net earnings for the office workers.
B) a credit for the amount owed to the office workers.
C) gross earnings for the office workers.
D) a debit for the amount of net pay owed to the office workers.
3) What liability account is reduced when the employees are paid?
A) Income Tax Payable, CPP Payable, EI Payable
B) Wages and Salaries Expense
C) Wages and Salaries Payable
D) Payroll Taxes Payable
4) What type of account is CPP Payable?
5) What type of account is EI Payable?
6) Which of the following is a law that has no effect on payroll net earnings?
A) Minimum Wage
B) Federal Income Tax
C) Provincial Income Tax
D) Canada Savings Bond
7) If the employee has $40 withheld from their cheque for CPP, what is the amount that the employer would need to pay?
8) If the employee has $200 withheld from their cheque for federal income tax, what is the amount that the employer would need to pay for their portion of the federal income tax?
9) Workers' compensation
A) insures employees against losses they may incur due to injury or death while on the job.
B) is based on the total estimated payroll.
C) is paid for by the employer.
D) All of the above are correct.
10) Blue's Tax Service has two types of employees, management and clerical support. The company estimates that it will pay the clerical support $240,000 next year and the managers $315,000. For every $100, the company pays $0.14 into the workers' compensation insurance. Calculate the amount of worker's compensation insurance.
D) None of the above are correct.
Dec 06 2019 View more View Less
Calculate the wavelength (in nm) of a photon emitted by a hydrogen atom when its electron drops from the n = 7 state to the n = 2 state.May 28 2021
. Match the surface to its contour plot. 10 5 a. - 5 - 10 - 10 -5 0 5 10 10 5 b. 10 10 - 5 05 10 10 5 C. - 10 - 5 10 5 0 d. -10 10May 06 2021
Match the hormone with the description.ethylenea. Your cabbage plants form elongated flowering stalks.cytokininb. The potted plant in your room is leaning toward the wind...Jun 07 2021
DownsizingAs the largest employer in Ouachita County, Arkansas, International Forest Products (IFP) Company is an important part of the local economy. Ouachita County is ...Jul 14 2020
You have an opportunity to work three hours of overtime and earn an extra $99 gross income. However, a total of $32 will be taken out for federal, state, and local taxes....May 08 2021
Daylight Saving Time? Daylight Saving Time (DST) begins for most of the United States at 2 A.M. on the second Sunday of March. Time reverts to standard time at 2 A.M. on ...Feb 07 2020
9. A right triangle is given (ABC=90)BD is the height to the hypotenuse AC. F is on the side BCmaking DF ⊥ BC. E is on BA making DE ⊥ BA.a. Prove: EF and BD are equal to ...Jul 31 2021
Choose the letter of the group of words that is correctly capitalized.a. from Senator-Elect Rossb. from Senator-elect RossJul 20 2021
John Adams opened a bank saving account with $8,000 10 years ago. Today, the account balance is $18,000. If the account paid interest compounded annually, how much intere...May 21 2020
1. A box with an open top will be made with a capacity of 10 m3 and made of thin sheet meta Calculate the dimensions of the box if you want minimal metal use. 2. Calculat...May 15 2021