How to calculate gross pay, routine deductions, and net pay for an employee.
1) Net pay is the same as
A) gross pay.
B) take home pay.
C) before taxes pay.
D) pay before deductions.
2) The form used to determine an employee's net claim code is called a
B) Record of Employment.
D) Employee Earnings Record
3) Starting in 2002, tax amounts for all provinces and territories in Canada (except Quebec) must be calculated based on
A) Federal Tax rates only.
B) Provincial/Territorial Tax rates only.
C) both Federal and Provincial/Territorial Tax rates.
D) the TONI Tax tables.
4) The automatic increase of claim amounts that account for inflation is called
A) cost of living increases.
5) All of the following are statutory payroll deductions EXCEPT
A) Income Tax.
B) Canada Pension Plan.
C) Employment Insurance.
D) Canada Savings Bond Payments.
6) If Bob Rice's hourly wage is $8.00 and he worked 35 hours during the week, what is his gross pay for the week?
7) Alice Green's hourly rate is $10.00, and she worked 44 hours during the week. Assuming an overtime rate of time and a half over 40 hours, Alice's gross pay is
8) The actual tax William pays for the year will be affected by
A) the amount of earnings he makes from all sources.
B) his charitable donations made.
C) any deductible tuition he has paid.
D) All of the above.
9) Which of the following is an optional payroll deduction?
A) Charitable Contributions
B) Income Taxes
C) Canada Pension Plan
D) Employment Insurance
10) Which of the following pays no CPP premiums this month?
A) A person under 18 years of age
B) A person over 70 years of age
C) A person earning less than $200 per month
D) All of the above.
Advanced Bio Medics (ABM) has invented a new stem-cell-based drug that will arrest even advanced forms of lung cancer. Development costs were actually quite low because t...Jul 24 2021
The entry of new firms into a competitive market willA. increase market supply and increase market priceB. decrease market supply and increase market priceC. increase mar...Apr 26 2021
In 2001 when Grace Hawthorne, CEO, and Shoshana Berger, Editor-in-Chief, came up with their idea for ReadyMade, there were no other publications with their unique do-it-y...Jul 23 2021
Finding a Vector In Exercises 83-86, And the vector v with the given magnitude and the same direction as uMagnitude DirectionAug 05 2021
A covalent bond is likely to be polar when:a. One of the atoms is more electronegative than the other?b. The two atoms are equally electronegativec. The two atoms are of ...May 15 2021
The most common exceptions to the octet rule are compounds or ions with central atoms having more than eight electrons around them. are examples of this type of except...Jun 19 2021
Consider a container partially filled with water at a constant temperature, T. Water is the only substance in this cylinder. How will the equilibrium vapor pressure of wa...Apr 16 2020
The zinn company plans to issue $20,000,000 of 10 year bonds in December to help finance a new research and development laboratory .it is now August and the current cost ...May 06 2020
Discuss the legal and ethical issues related to e-commerce.May 06 2021
How to evaluate lim of lnx?Jun 27 2021