How to calculate and record the employer’s expenses associated with payroll.
1) Employment Insurance premiums are paid by
A) the employer.
B) the employee.
C) both the employer and employee.
D) the Provincial Government.
2) Which of the following is a payroll tax paid by both employee and employer?
A) CPP & EI
B) EI only
C) CPP only
D) Income Tax
3) In addition to CPP and EI, employers often share the expense of
B) savings plans.
C) health care plans.
D) income tax.
4) The employer pays CPP premiums in what ratio to employee CPP deductions?
A) 1.4 times employee CPP deductions
B) 1/4 of employee CPP deductions
C) Matching employee CPP deductions
D) 1/2 employee CPP deductions
5) The employer pays EI premiums in what ratio to employee EI deductions?
A) 1.4 times employee EI deductions
B) 4 times employee EI deductions
C) 2 times employee EI deductions
D) Does not contribute
6) The general journal entry to record payroll benefits and taxes generally includes
A) a debit to Salaries Expense.
B) a credit to Salaries Payable.
C) a debit to Employee Benefits Expense.
D) a debit to Sales Tax Expense.
7) The entry to record the payroll tax expenses would include
A) a credit to Federal Income Taxes Expense.
B) a credit to EI Payable and CPP Payable.
C) a credit to Taxes Payable.
D) a credit to Wages Payable.
8) If the employee's CPP deductions for the week total $300, the employer's CPP contribution will be
9) If the employees' EI deductions for the week total $500, the employer's EI contribution will be
10) If the employees have had $200 in CPP contributions and $300 in EI contributions deducted from their paycheques, then the Employer's Benefits Expense would be increased by
Spillover effects from production and consumption for which no appropriate compensation is paid or received are known as A) ExternalityB) Public goods C) Corse theorem D)...Jul 08 2021
Choose the correct answer.The world has(a) shrinked,(b) shrank,(c) shrunkconsiderably as a result of new communication technologies.Jun 19 2021
What should be the spring constant k of a spring designed to bring a 1300 kg car to rest from a speed of 90 km/h so that the occupants undergo a maximum acceleration of 4...May 27 2021
Question – 1 What is adiabatic excitation? Question – 2 What is T1 relaxation? Explain with diagrams. Question - 3 What is T2 relaxation? Explain with diagrams.Jul 18 2020
Death of the CD! In August 2003, EMI announced the agreement of the Rolling Stones to offer all the band’s post-1971 recordings through digital downloads for the first ti...May 11 2020
In a slow year, Deutsche Burgers will produce 3.5 million hamburgers at a total cost of $4.6 million. In a good year, it can produce 4.3 million hamburgers at a total cos...Jul 11 2021
Evaluate the indefinite integral (use c for the constant of integration).Jun 13 2021
Making reference to the concept of the interest rate parity explain how a change in exchange-rate expectations could lead to an immadiate change in the actual exchange rate.Mar 17 2020
________ is a simple sugar (a monosaccharide).a. Riboseb. Sucrosec. Starchd. all are monosaccharidesJun 03 2021