How many national and international labor unions belong to the AFL-CIO?
32) The AFL-CIO's major activities include all of the following EXCEPT
A) improving the image of organized labor.
B) extensive lobbying.
C) resolving disputes between local unions.
D) resolving disputes between national unions.
33) What is the primary law governing the relationship of companies and unions?
A) National Labor Relations Act
B) Norris-LaGuardia Act
C) Landrum-Griffin Act
D) Sherman Act
34) A group of employees recognized by an employer as appropriate for representation by a labor organization for purposes of collective bargaining is (are) called
A) a representation group.
B) a bargaining group.
C) a bargaining unit.
D) employee representatives.
35) The first step in becoming a bargaining unit is
A) signing of authorization cards.
B) petition for election.
C) election campaign.
D) election and certification.
36) Evidence of interest in establishing a union may be made after at least ________ percent of the workers have signed authorization cards.
37) Most union organizers will NOT continue their organizing efforts unless at least ________ percent of the workers in the workgroup sign authorization cards.
38) In conducting a campaign to discourage employees from voting for the union, management may
A) tell workers the benefits of remaining nonunion.
B) threaten workers with loss of their jobs to influence the votes.
C) incite racial or religious prejudice by making inflammatory campaign appeals.
D) make speeches to assembled groups of employees on company time within 24 hours before an election.
39) Which of the following is the type of conduct where the NLRB might declare the election campaign invalid?
A) an employer or a union threatens loss of jobs or benefits to influence employees' votes or union activities
B) an employer or a union misstates important facts in the election campaign when the other party does not have a chance to reply
C) either an employer or a union incites racial or religious prejudice by inflammatory campaign appeals
D) all of the above
40) In 2008, there were 2147 NLRB elections and unions won what percent of them?
Define and give example of a common resource. Without government intervention, will people use this good too much or too little? Why?May 04 2021
Go to government accountability office website (www.gao.gov). Click on GAO fiscal outlook and the debt appears under the heading Browse our collections on fiscal health d...Aug 21 2021
When decision makers construct simplified models that extract the essential features from a problem without capturing all the complexities of a problem, they are acting ...Nov 30 2017
Suppose that in the next year, the government plans to use monetary policy to decrease interest rates. In the graph to the left, adjust the proper curve(s) appropriately....Jul 10 2021
You are considering buying bonds issued by Wonderland Corporation. A $100 bond is selling at 96.5, and the current yield on the bond is 7%.What is the interest rate on th...Jul 13 2021
The government of any nation can earn revenue by imposing tax on the individual's income. Select whether the government uses:a) Progressive and Regressive taxb) Progressi...Jul 05 2021
Homework 3 Due Wednesday, September 18, in class. Do the following problems. Problem 1 is based on (but slightly different from) problem 4.7 in Besanko and Breautigam. Pr...Apr 01 2020
Consider the balance sheet below for the wahoo bank as presented below:Wahoo Bank Balance SheetAssets Liabilitiesgovernemnt securities $1,600 Checking accounts $4,000requ...Aug 21 2021
A point inside the production possibilities frontier isFirst, you try! Thoughts on what the answer might be?Choose your answer from the options below. We'll walk you thro...Jul 11 2021
Allyson Godwin plans on setting up a small business where she will offer quilting lessons, sell material and quilting kits that she will create, and market her own creati...Nov 08 2017