How many isomers (constitutional and stereoisomers) exist for dimethylcyclopentane?
32. How many isomers (constitutional and stereoisomers) exist for dimethylpentane?
33. Which of the following statements regarding optical rotation is not true?
A. All (+) enantiomers are dextrorotatory.
B. All R enantiomers are dextrorotatory.
C. All (-) enantiomers rotate plane-polarized light in a counterclockwise direction.
D. All (+) and (-) enantiomers rotate plane-polarized light in opposite directions.
34. How much of the R enantiomer is present in 10 g of a mixture which has an enantiomeric excess of 20% of the S isomer?
A. 1 g
B. 2 g
C. 4 g
D. 6 g
35. How much of the R enantiomer is present in 10 g of a mixture which has an enantiomeric excess of 60% of the R isomer?
A. 2 g
B. 4 g
C. 6 g
D. 8 g
36. A solution containing 0.2 g/mL of a pure R enantiomer in a 1 dm polarimeter rotates plane polarized light by +3?. What is the specific rotation of the R isomer?
37. A solution containing 0.04 g/mL of a pure S enantiomer in a 1 dm polarimeter rotates plane polarized light by +2?. What is the specific rotation of the R isomer?
38. A solution containing 0.2 g/mL of a pure R enantiomer in a 1 dm polarimeter rotates plane polarized light by +2.8?. What is the rotation of a solution containing 0.4 g/mL of the R isomer in the same polarimeter?
39. A solution of 0.1 g/mL of a pure R enantiomer in a 1 dm polarimeter rotates plane polarized light by +4.8?. What is the rotation observed on this solution in a 2 dm polarimeter?
40. A pure sample of the R enantiomer of a compound has a specific rotation, [a], of +20?. A solution containing 0.2 g/mL of a mixture of enantiomers rotates plane polarized light by -2? in a 1 dm polarimeter. What is the enantiomeric excess (%ee) of the mixture?
A. 25% R
B. 40% S
C. 50% S
D. 70% R
Mohammed has installed security cameras in his house. He asked a company to manage the installation. Now he can watch what happens in his house from work via an internet ...Apr 23 2021
1.________ is the amount an investment is worth discounted back to the present.Select one:a. Present value of moneyb. Future value of moneyc. Time value of moneyd. Predis...Jun 19 2021
20-23 Repeat Problem 20-22, using the PCA design method, assuming the pavement has doweled joints and no concrete shoulders. >Apr 21 2020
What is the conjugate base of HSO4? Express your answer as a chemical formula.May 16 2021
Consider a sequence of items from a production process, with each item being graded as good or defective. Suppose that a good item is followed by another good item with p...Aug 04 2020
The cyanide ion, CN-, accepts a proton from water to form HCN. Is CN- a Bronsted acid or base or is it amphiprotic?a. acidb. basec. amphiproticJun 16 2021
Assume that you have been hired by NOrdstrom to help the companyimprove RNOA in 2010. Suggest ways to accomplish this goal. Bespecific about the compnents of ROE on which...Jun 10 2021
One Tough BugThe genus Ferroplasma consists of a few species of acid-loving archaea. One species, Ferroplasma acidarmanus, was discovered in one of the most contaminated ...Jul 04 2021
Discuss thoroughly two of the principles often used in evaluating tax policy: ability to pay (include horizontal and vertical equity), and the benef its principle. Can ...May 14 2018
The human resources manager of Data Com, Inc., wants to examine the relationship between annual salaries (Y) and the number of years employees have worked at Data Com (X)...May 07 2020