How do revenues for a period relate to the beginning and ending balances in retained earnings?
A) Revenues will increase the beginning balance of retained earnings for the period.
B) Revenues will decrease the beginning balance of retained earnings for the period.
C) Revenues less expenses will either increase or decrease the beginning balance of retained earnings for the period.
D) Revenues less expenses will either increase or decrease the ending balance of retained earnings for the period.
12) Which of the following best describes a liability?
A) Liabilities are a form of share capital.
B) Liabilities are future economic benefits to which a company is entitled.
C) Liabilities are accounts receivable of the company.
D) Liabilities are economic obligations to creditors to be paid at some future date by the company.
13) Shareholders' equity for Raisin Corporation on January 1, 2010 and December 31, 2010 were $60,000 and $75,000, respectively. Assets on January 1, 2010 and December 31, 2010 were $115,000 and $105,000, respectively. Liabilities on January 1, 2010 were $55,000. What is the amount of liabilities on December 31, 2010?
D) indeterminable from the given information
A) always affect net income
B) are distributions to shareholders of assets (usually cash) generated by net income
C) are expenses
D) are distributions to shareholders of assets (usually cash) generated by a favourable balance in retained earnings
15) A form of the accounting equation can be stated as Assets - Liabilities = Share capital + Retained earnings.
16) The accounting equation must always be in balance.
17) Liabilities are often referred to as "outsider claims" and owners' equity as "insider claims" to assets.
18) Shareholders' equity is often referred to as "net assets" and represents the residual amount of business assets that can be claimed by the owners.
19) The basic component of share capital is retained earnings.
Classify each of the following compounds as an alcohol or an ether?.Jul 29 2021
Mohammad Hashmi, a citizen of Pakistan, entered the United States in 2002 on a student visa. Two years later, when he applied for a job at Compu-Credit, he completed an I...Jul 07 2021
find sfd and bmd for ss beam 10m longJul 01 2020
Choose the correct answer.Mr. Mixon tried to (a) ensure, (b) insure, (c) assure the insurance agent that their house was stable and secure.Jul 13 2021
Taking into account the function of each word in the following sentences, identify its part of speech. Use a dictionary if necessary.Wow! She recently traveled to Spain f...Jun 09 2021
Design the condenser of a steam power plant that has a thermal efficiency of 40 percent and generates 10 MW of net electric power. Steam enters the condenser as saturated...Aug 19 2020
Consider an economy that produces only chocolate bars. In year 1, the quantity produced is 3 bars and the price is $4. In year 2, the quantity produced is 4 bars and the ...Jul 12 2021
Find the center and radius of the sphere x2 + y2 + x2 + 3x - 4z + 1 = 0.May 08 2021
What is the portfolio beta for a pool of investments as follows: Asset Investment Beta A $1,000 .75 B $2,000 1.20 C $3,000 1.95Aug 14 2020
West Wind, Inc. has 5,000,000 shares of common stock outstanding with a market value of $50 per share. Net income for the coming year is expected to be $6,500,000 What im...Apr 30 2021