Houston-based Advanced Electronics manufactures audio speakers for desktop computers. The following data relates to the period just ended when the company produced and sold 42,000 speaker sets:
Management is considering relocating its manufacturing facilities to Northern Mexico to reduce costs. Variable costs are expected to average $18 per set; annual fixed costs are anticipated to be $1,984,000. (Ignore income taxes)
1. Calculate the company's current income and determine the level of dollar sales needed to double that figure, assuming that manufacturing operations remain in the United States.
2. Determine the break even point in speaker sets if operations are shifted to Mexico
3. Assume that management desires to achieve the Mexican break even point; however, operations remain in the United States.
a) If variable costs remain constant, what must management do to fixed costs? By how much must fixed costs change?
b) If fixed costs remain constant, what must management do to the variable cost per unit? By how much must unit variable cost change?
4. Determine the impact (increase, decrease, or no effect) of the following operating changes.
a) Effect of an increase in direct material costs on the break-even point
b) Effect of an increase in fixed administration costs on the unit contribution margin.
c) Effect of an increase in the unit contribution margin on net income.
d) Effect of an decrease in the number of units sold on the break even point.
1. What are the advantages and potential liabilities of hiring two-career couples, beyond those noted in the case? 2. Many of the services for dual-career couples and par...May 26 2020
The selection process involves choosing the candidates who best meet the qualifications and have the greatest aptitude for the job. Different kinds of selection devices a...Dec 06 2017
The Discussion case needs to be read before writing process can start. This question is taken from the Discussion Case: Chiquita Brands: Ethical Responsibility or Illega...Feb 15 2020
The most appropriate discount rate to use when applying a FCFFvaluation model is the__________________versus a discount rate of____________________for an FCFE model.Dec 01 2019
Supermarket customers load their carts with goods totaling between $5 and $200 uniformly (continuously) distributed; call this the raw order amount. Assume that customers...May 09 2020
Suppose you are vice president of branch services at the Bank of East Lansing. You notice that several branches have consistently low customer service ratings even though...May 16 2020
Two companies have identical assets and operating activities. Which of the follow statements is true?a. Both companies have the same net income.b. The company with more d...Aug 25 2020
There is a concept based on some studies indicating that Australians are particularly affected by skin cancer Based on your reading and research, is this concept valid? ExplainMar 19 2020
Explain why the fixed overhead spending variance is usually very small.2. What is the cause of an unfavorable volume variance?3. Does the volume variance convey any mean...Apr 01 2020
Please assist with the following accounting problem. Provide at least 300 words in the solution. Include references.Find information in company footnotes about the interc...Nov 26 2019