Home / Questions / Health insurance companies are often at an advantage because they must pick from a desira
Health insurance companies are often at an advantage because they must pick from a desirable selection of customers.
12) There is asymmetric information in the auto insurance market because companies know more about customers' driving habits and can predict very well the chances of customers getting into an accident than the customers.
13) As more high-risk consumers enter the health insurance market, the average cost of health insurance service decreases.
14) A firm's health insurance premiums that are based on an experience rating are affected by the amount of medical claims by the firm's employees.
15) One implication of asymmetric information in the insurance market is that many low cost consumers who are not eligible for a group plan will carry individual insurance.
16) Most of the working-age people in the U.S. have private health insurance.
17) Explain why the insurance market suffers from the adverse-selection problem.
18) Would a firm whose health insurance premiums are based on an experience rating be more likely to develop health and safety educational programs for its employees? Explain why or why not.
Dec 07 2019 View more View Less
Grummon Corporation has issuedâ zero-coupon corporate bonds with aâ five-year maturityâ (assume $ 100 face valueâ bond). Investors believe there is a 20%ââcha...Jun 24 2021
Expenses are recorded whena. cash is paid for services renderedb. assets are used in the process of earning revenuec. a bill is received in advance of services renderedd....May 14 2021
Organic molecules consist mainly of ________ atoms.a. carbonb. carbon and oxygenc. carbon and hydrogend. carbon and nitrogenJun 03 2021
Cherry Wood Company sells desks at $480 per desk. The costs associated with each desk are as follows: Direct materials ...Jun 10 2021
Hooke's LawIn Exercises 9-14, use Hooke’s Law to determine the work done by the variable force in the spring problem.A force of 5 pounds compresses a 15-inch spring a tot...Jul 25 2021
What are advantages of tunnels?b) Explain disadvantages of tunnels.c) Explain factors affecting tunnel alignment.d) Discuss the various shapes adopted for tunnels.e) Expl...May 20 2020
Which of the following schemas does define a view or views of the database for particular users?(a)Internal schema(b)Conceptual schema(c)Physical schema(d)External schema...Dec 27 2017
Rick Saldona began working as a traveling salesperson for Aimer Winery in 2008. Sales constituted 90 percent of Saldona's work time. Saldona worked an average of fifty ho...Jul 07 2021
The Accounting EquationUsing the accounting equation, answer each of the following independent questions.1. Burlin Company starts the year with $100,000 in assets and $80...May 06 2020
Give an example of three financial intermediaries, and explain how they act as a bridge betweenJun 16 2020