Health and Aged Care Funding Models and Financial Statement Analysis Value 40 % in total Presentation Professional report (with academic references) These are short answer questions and not essay questions. While dot points can be used where appropriate (e.g., for lists), formal sentence structure and grammar are expected. Refer to Assignment announcements re quality of submissions. Due date 11:55 pm, Sunday 20 October 2019 Part 1 - Health Care Funding Models 1. Describe activity based funding as it is applied in the Australian health sector.
2. What is the role of the Independent Hospital Pricing Authority in activity base funding?
3. Is it reasonable to assume that the (average) National Efficiency Price should apply equally to all states within Australia? Outline the assumptions which support your answer.
4. Casemix funding relies upon the average length of stay. Describe the problems of using the average length of stay for funding purposes?
5. Briefly compare the key features of activity based and population based funding methods. If you were the Federal Health Minister which funding model would you advocate and why?
6. The Federal Government provides funds to enable services to be purchased to help keep people in their own homes. Consumer directed care has altered the way in which funds can be used to support people in their own homes.
If you were a service provider what would be the two key financial management issues you might be concerned with in relation to consumer directed care and why? (Hints: include definitions of key terms, especially if they are abbreviated, and feel free to include simple examples in your answers.)
Glycolysis starts and ends in the ________.a. nucleusb. mitochondrion c. plasma membraned. cytoplasmJun 03 2021
A young professional wishes to have $880000 in her retirement account. Its current value is $12000. She invests $600 monthly in the account which earns 9% annually. Find ...May 31 2021
Explain why the marginal propensity to save and the marginal propensity to consume sum to 1.People do two things with their income: spend it or save it. What is not spe...Dec 11 2019
Why did the sterling-based gold standard unravel?May 10 2021
Label the reactants and products and indicate how many atoms of each type of element are present on each side of the following equations.May 22 2021
Write short notes on Distinction between PERT and CPMAug 25 2020
The table below shows the number of deaths in the U.S. in a year due to a variety of causes. For these questions, assume these values are not changing from year to year, ...Aug 01 2020
A solution of methylamine (CH3NH2), a weak base, has an initial concentration of 0.401 M. Methylamine has a Kb of 4.4×10-4. Calculate the pH of the solution. Calculate th...May 24 2021
A breach of contract occurs when a party does not complete the terms of the contract. Look up a real-life scenario where a contract was breached within the sports communi...Apr 10 2021
Use the following information on states of the economy and stock returns to calculate the standard deviation of returns. (Do not round intermediate calculations. Enter yo...Aug 14 2021