Home / Questions / Health and Aged Care Funding Models and Financial Statement Analysis Value 40 % in total
Health and Aged Care Funding Models and Financial Statement Analysis Value 40 % in total Presentation Professional report (with academic references) These are short answer questions and not essay questions. While dot points can be used where appropriate (e.g., for lists), formal sentence structure and grammar are expected. Refer to Assignment announcements re quality of submissions. Due date 11:55 pm, Sunday 20 October 2019 Part 1 - Health Care Funding Models 1. Describe activity based funding as it is applied in the Australian health sector.
2. What is the role of the Independent Hospital Pricing Authority in activity base funding?
3. Is it reasonable to assume that the (average) National Efficiency Price should apply equally to all states within Australia? Outline the assumptions which support your answer.
4. Casemix funding relies upon the average length of stay. Describe the problems of using the average length of stay for funding purposes?
5. Briefly compare the key features of activity based and population based funding methods. If you were the Federal Health Minister which funding model would you advocate and why?
6. The Federal Government provides funds to enable services to be purchased to help keep people in their own homes. Consumer directed care has altered the way in which funds can be used to support people in their own homes.
If you were a service provider what would be the two key financial management issues you might be concerned with in relation to consumer directed care and why? (Hints: include definitions of key terms, especially if they are abbreviated, and feel free to include simple examples in your answers.)
Dec 06 2019 View more View Less
what is the lewis structure for toluene?Jul 24 2021
A ranger wants to enclose two rectangular areas near a river.There are two 300yds of fencing. What is the maximum area that canbe enclosed. (Please show work)Aug 20 2021
Marginal RevenueA company has two plants that produce the same lawn mower. If and are the numbers of units produced at plant 1 and plant 2, respectively, then the total...Aug 07 2021
If your nominal rate of return is 14.38 percent and your real rate of return is 4.97 percent, what is the inflation rate?19.35 percent19.92 percent8.96 percent8.47 percen...May 27 2020
You are given the following list of accounts with dollar amounts: Rent Expense....... $ 900 Cash........... 3,450 Service Revenue..... 1,500 T. Captain, Withdrawals . 750...Apr 06 2020
You own $6,384 of Olympic Steel stock that has a beta of 2.98. You also own $12,768 of Rent-a-Center (beta = 1.47) and $14,448 of Lincoln Educational (beta = 0.68).What i...May 01 2020
If an electron is added to 1,3-butadiene, into which molecular orbital does it go? If an electron is removed from 1,3-butadiene, from which molecular orbital is taken?Jul 25 2021
What changes in the environment or the company might lead Lincoln Electric’s employees to become more interested in unionization? How likely do you think such changes are to occur?May 27 2020
The balance sheet for Panoramic Open Pictures (POP) shows $300,000 in total assets and $200,000 in total liabilities. POP’s return on assets (ROA) is 5 percent. Compute P...May 23 2018
Suppose the Federal Reserve announced that it would pursue contractionary monetary policy to reduce the inflation rate. Would the following conditions make the ensuing re...Jul 22 2021