Hanigan Manufacturing had 1,800,000 shares of common stock outstanding as of January 1, 2014, and 900,000 shares of 10% noncumulative (nonconvertible) preferred stock outstanding. The following events occurred during 2014:
• On February 28, Hanigan sold 60,000 common shares.
• On May 15, Hanigan issued a 4% common stock dividend and paid cash dividends of $1,200,000 to common shareholders and $225,000 to preferred stockholders.
• On July 1, Hanigan repurchased and retired 6,000 common shares.
• On September 1, Hanigan issued $1,000,000 of convertible 10% bonds for par value. Each $1,000 bond certificate is convertible into 40 common shares. Cash settlement is not permitted.
• Under the terms of a separation agreement with its founder and former owner, Mike Hanigan, the company is obligated to issue Mr. Hanigan an additional 60,000 common shares if 2014 net income exceeds $5 million. No shares were issued as of December 31, 2014.
• Hanigan’s net income for 2014 was $6,300,000 and the income tax rate was 40%.
Compute Hanigan Manufacturing’s basic and diluted earnings per share for 2014.
Auditors have requirements and considerations when auditing a client Management also has some requirements Sarbanes-Oxley requires management to issue an internal control...Mar 23 2020
Let the differential equation (16 − x2) y′ + xy = 2x (16 − x23/2, holds for | x | a. Let y (x) be the general solution of the differential equation above containing any c...May 10 2021
When analyzing the income adjustment mechanism, one must account for the foreign repercussion effect. Explain.Aug 09 2020
Find three examples of print advertisements that use stimulus factors (such as contrast) to gain attention and evaluate the effectiveness of the stimulus input provided.Nov 10 2017
Complete the following problems and exercises, showing all work 1. Revenue and Related Transactions. During its current fiscal year, Evanston General Hospital, a not-for-...May 22 2020
Which of the following is true regarding fund classifications?A)Governmental funds include the General, special revenue, debt service, capital projects, and permanent.B)P...Jan 25 2020
I've always used that site for torrents and it's easily the best one. But now I suddenly need to sign up to use it! I'm a bit suspicious because you're redirected to anot...Apr 27 2020
Kirchhoff Industries has a past history of uncollectible accounts, as follows. Estimate the allowance for doubtful accounts, based on the aging of receivables schedule yo...May 03 2021
1.10 Robert Lawn has just passed the law exam and started practici ng. Below are his first mont h's tra nsaction s.Jan. 14915172124272931Began busi...Jul 08 2020
A random sample of 225 measurements is selected from a population, and the sample mean and standard deviation are = 32.5 and s = 30.0, respectively.a. Use a 99% confiden...Aug 07 2020