Governments must apply the criteria of GASB statement no. 14 (as amended) in determining whether and how to include an associated entity in its reporting entity. A city is considering whether and how it should include the following associated organizations in its reporting entity.
1. Its school system, although not a legally separate government, is managed by a school board elected by city residents. The system is financed with general tax revenues of the city and its budget is incorporated into that of the city at large (and thereby is subject to the same approval and appropriation process as other city expenditures).
2. Its capital asset financing authority is a legally separate government that leases equipment to the city. To finance the equipment, the authority issues bonds that are guaranteed by the city and expected to be paid from rents received from the city. The authority leases equipment exclusively to the city.
3. Its housing authority, which provides loans to low income families within the city, is governed by a five-person board appointed by the city’s mayor, and its debt is guaranteed by the city.
4. Its hospital is owned by the city but managed under contract by a private hospital management firm.
5. Its water purification plant is owned in equal shares by the city and two neighboring counties. The city’s interest in the plant was acquired with resources from its water utility (enterprise) fund.
6. It community college, a separate legal entity, is governed by a board of governors elected by city residents and has its own taxing and budgetary authority.
Based on the very limited information provided, indicate whether and how the city should report the associated entities.
A local pizzeria sells 500 large pepperoni pizzas per week at a price of $20 each Suppose the owner of the pizzeria tells you that the price elasticity of demand for his ...Apr 29 2020
Write a program that takes as input an arithmetic expression. The program outputs whether theexpression contains matching grouping symbols. For example, the arithmetic ex...Apr 09 2020
Human body temperatures are normally distributed with a mean of 98.2oF and a standard deviation of 0.62o F. Find the temperature that separates the top 7% from the bot...Apr 25 2020
Sunrise Pools and Spas manufactures fiber glass forms for in-ground pools and swim spas for all-season use. The company uses variable costing for internal management repo...Apr 14 2020
The job search activities of new workforce entrants:a) involves a very intense and broad search of formal sources of information about many different job opportunitiesb) ...Dec 25 2019
Truckco manufactures two types of trucks, types 1 and 2. Each truck must go through the painting shop and the assembly shop. If the painting shop were completely devoted ...May 28 2018
Suppose Johnny, seven years old, is selling lemonade and he sells each of his buyers the refreshment for the maximum price that each buyer is willing to pay. Johnny is pr...Dec 09 2019
Describe cloud computing and explain how it is similar to obtaining commodity products?Why is it important to organizationally separate the accounting function from the o...Sep 17 2020
Support-department cost allocations; direct, step-down, and reciprocal methods. Ballantine Corporation has two operating departments: Eastern Department and Western Depar...Jul 16 2020
Sophie made pies and sold them from her food trailer at businesses. This is an example of a(n) A.direct marketing channel.B.distribution center.C.simplified transactio...Dec 16 2019
Welcome to MyCourseHelp Services, World's leading Academic solutions provider with Millions of Happy Students.