Formal or informal relationships between people in an organization are known by which term?
A) Work flow group
B) Organizational culture
C) Management team
D) Organizational structure
2) The choice of a prospector strategy for a business would be most appropriate when a firm:
A) operates in an uncertain business environment.
B) functions in a relatively stable business environment.
C) sells products that are in the maturity stage of the life cycle.
D) prefers a top-down decision making approach for management.
3) Cheap Shoes manufactures a line of inexpensive shoes. The firm uses a defender strategy, which means the most effective structure for them involves:
A) maximizing autonomy among strategic divisions.
B) implementing decisions from the top down.
C) utilizing self-managing work teams.
D) establishing a flat structure.
4) A company with a prospector strategy would most likely:
A) have a bureaucratic organizational structure.
B) give employees more responsibility.
C) use a vertical information system.
D) use hierarchy to resolve conflict.
5) Which type of organizational structure would be most appropriate for a company with a defender strategy?
6) Alyssa finds a job description for an interesting retail position. The job description indicates exactly what department of the store she would be responsible for and what her duties would be. The ad describes good opportunities for advancement within the retail area, so she could become the managing retail director for her department. However, she would not be able to move into finance or production. This is an example of which organizational strategy?
A) Top-down management
B) Work specialization
C) Prospector strategy
7) Bureaucratic organizational structures are marked by:
A) narrow job descriptions and sharp vertical and horizontal boundaries.
B) division of labor around products, services, or customers.
C) high employee involvement in decision making.
D) decentralized management.
8) Maryland Times News is a publishing company that has a functional division of labor, work specialization, and a pyramid of authority. MTN most likely uses a:
A) bureaucratic organizational structure.
B) flat organizational structure.
C) boundaryless organizational structure.
D) work flow organizational structure.
9) One organizational structure that lends itself to the formation of joint ventures and strategic alliances is a:
A) bureaucratic structure.
B) flat structure.
C) generic structure.
D) boundaryless structure.
10) Courtland Corporation recently reduced its number of management levels and decentralized its entire managerial approach. Prior to this, the corporation maintained a pyramid-shaped management structure and was based on a functional division of labor. Courtland evolved from a ________ organization to a ________ organization.
A) prospector / defender
B) boundaryless / bureaucratic
C) bureaucratic / boundaryless
D) bureaucratic / flat
Find the polynomial of least degree for the given limitMar 17 2020
Word count and Format: All academic writing is subject to word limits. A general rule of thumb is 10% above or below the recommended word count in accepted. That means, t...May 22 2020
4y + 2 -5y = 7 - 6yJun 01 2021
What is the IRR of the following set of cash flows? Year 0 1 2 3 Cash Flow -$10,265 3,900 5,700 5.900 Multiple Choice 21.62% 22.06%Apr 17 2021
Marketing and Communication – MCOM4040Part 2 - Individual – Communication Plan (500 words)It is important that you identify the target segment/s in Part 1 of the assignme...Aug 08 2020
General Matter's outstanding bond issue has a coupon rate of 9.4%, and it sells at a yield to maturity of 7.80%. The firm wishes to issue additional bonds to the public a...Aug 09 2021
Front-End Loads and Returns You are considering an investment in a mutual fund with a 5.5 percent front-end load. Assuming the fund return is 11 percent per year, what is...Apr 05 2020
Which of the following elements of credit terms might encourage purchasers from paying with a discount? A. A lower discount percentage B. A longer payment period C. A...Jan 09 2020
George and John, stranded on an island, use clamshells for money. Last year George caught 300 fish and 5 wild boars. John grew 200 bunches of bananas. In the two-person e...Mar 30 2020
What is scope creep and how can it be prevented?Aug 06 2020