For a typical short-run production function, so long as marginal product is increasing, average product will be increasing as well.
74) If, for a particular short-run production, we observe that marginal product is decreasing we can conclude that average product is decreasing as well.
75) Once a firm incurs diminishing marginal returns, total product will begin to decline as more of the variable input is employed.
76) At the point where a firm incurs diminishing marginal returns, total product will begin to decline.
77) The law of diminishing returns is a result of the fact that more and more units of a variable input are being added to a fixed input. Because of the limitations imposed by the fixed input, at some point the productivity of additional units of the variable input must decline.
78) All else constant, an improvement in technology would cause a firm's total, average and marginal product functions to increase (graphically, shift up).
79) The full opportunity costs of production are calculated as the sum of both explicit and implicit costs.
80) When a firm is considering whether to buy a new piece of equipment with retained earnings, the amount of interest that could be earned on that money is an explicit cost and should be treated as such.
81) Economists recognize what is sometimes referred to as "psychic income" such as the value some people attach to being their own boss. As such, failure to factor in psychic income when calculating economic profit could result in an understatement of the actual economic profit received from a particular enterprise.
82) All else constant, if the use of historic costs understates the opportunity costs associated with using a particular piece of capital, economic profit will be overstated.
The following transactions relate to the City of Arlington’s Municipal Airport Fund for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2013. Prepare (a) The journal entries necessary to ...May 22 2020
the Lone Star company has $1,000 par value Bond outstanding at 9%. The bonds will mature in 16 yearscompute the current price of the bonds if the present yield to maturit...Aug 10 2020
Phillips Company bought 40 percent ownership in Jones Bag Company on January 1, 20X1, at underlying book value. In 20X1, 20X2, and 20X3, Jones Bag reported the following:...Mar 29 2020
Define the term ‘Sampling’. Differentiate between sample and population and illustrate your answer with examples.2. Distinguish between probability sampling and non-prob...Aug 06 2020
John wanted to invest in Segambut bopds, however, he is still new in the industry. Currently, Segambut bond is selling ak RM874 with the current par value of RM1,000 bond...Aug 10 2020
Norris, Madson, and Howell have income ratios of 5:3:2 and capital balances of $34,000, $31,000, and $28,000 respectively. Noncash assets are sold at a gain. After credit...Jul 11 2020
[Related to Solved Problem 1.1 on page 8] During 2009, movie studios began to release a substantial number of films in 3-D format. To show films in this format, theater o...Jul 23 2020
As an advocate for early childhood teachers, what would you propose as a solution to the low wages they received and why would you make this suggestion?2. D...Dec 12 2019
CSCI 101 Here is a simple heuristic (approximation algorithm) for routing a message from node A to node B in a reasonable amount of time. The algorithm assumes that every...May 27 2020
SECTION A LONG QUESTIONS Answer ALL three (3) questions and type up on a computer (Word file) then submit via Moodle before the set deadline Question 1 a) The table below...Aug 23 2020
Welcome to MyCourseHelp Services, World's leading Academic solutions provider with Millions of Happy Students.