Fall 2018 Econometrics Research Project (worth 20% of your grade) Getting started:
1. What question are you trying to answer? Why is it important? Or why is it interesting?
2. What is your dependent variable?
3. What are your independent variables (must have at least two, and the sample size must be at least 50)?
4. How do you model their relationship? i.e. what functional form will you use? You have many choices: OLS (linear, quadratic, dummy variable, log-linear, log-log), IV regression, Difference-in Difference, Fixed effect, Probit, and so forth). Running a simple linear regression model is totally acceptable for the course.
5. Where will you get the data? After you get the data, reorganize it so that it is ready for regressions. Literature Review: 1. Search for similar works 2. Describe what these studies find using your own words.
3. How is your research different? What is your contribution? (even if you only make a marginal contribution) Analysis: 1. Report regression results in a table. Include coefficients, standard errors, significant levels, number of observations, and R-square estimates.
2. Interpret your coefficients. 3. What is your conclusion based on the results? What are the possible problems with your findings? Notes: 1. Do not try to be ambitious. As long as your paper economically make sense, employing a simple linear regression model is fine for the course
. 2. If you do not want to write an original paper, you have another choice: replicate the empirical results of an existing study or updating them by applying a different econometric model or using different data sets (updated data or data from different country/state etc.) Then you need to report to me whether you successfully replicated the paper (100% replication is very difficult). If not, what are the reasons for the different results?
Example 16.1 (Section 16.1) showed that for sound waves in air with frequency 1000 Hz, a displacement amplitude of 1.2 X 10-8 m produces a pressure amplitude of3.0 X 10-2...Mar 31 2020
In deciding on where to locate their next grocery store, Publix narrowed it down to 3 locations (St. Augustine, the Airport area, or the Westside). They are using 2 crite...Apr 19 2021
Which of the following is not one of the competencies required for an HR department to become a full strategic partner in an organization?A. Performance management skills...May 30 2020
Operating expenses appear on the income statement:A) directly after gross marginB) directly after cost of goods soldC) directly after revenueD) do not appear on the incom...Dec 09 2019
A 35-g sample of seawater is evaporated to dryness, leaving 4.73 g of solid residue (the salts formerly dissolved in the seawater). Calculate the mass percent of solute p...Jul 22 2021
Does Listerine Prevent Colds?FACTSListerine, a product of the Warner-Lambert Company (petitioner), has been on the market since 1879 and has been represented through adve...Jul 27 2021
EXAMPLE Find 5 -dx 2x + 7 1 2. Find the value of convergent improper integrals or state they are divergent dx dx dx dy x²arts ex-cost dx Ixkbox xveux x (lnx) 2 tan tx V...Apr 21 2021
ACC 401 Advanced Accounting Week 6 QuizACC/401 Advanced Accounting Week 6 Quiz – StrayerACC 401 Week 6 Quiz – StrayerChapter 5 Allocation and Depreciation of Differences ...May 22 2020
design a concrete mix for the following conditionsdesign the concrete mix according to the following condition.Building frameRequired design strength=27.6MpaMinimum dimen...May 20 2020
Agency problems of MNCs.a Explain the agency problem of MNCs.b Why might agency costs be larger for an MNC than for a purely domestic firm?2 Comparative advant...Aug 13 2020