Fall 2018 Econometrics Research Project (worth 20% of your grade) Getting started:
1. What question are you trying to answer? Why is it important? Or why is it interesting?
2. What is your dependent variable?
3. What are your independent variables (must have at least two, and the sample size must be at least 50)?
4. How do you model their relationship? i.e. what functional form will you use? You have many choices: OLS (linear, quadratic, dummy variable, log-linear, log-log), IV regression, Difference-in Difference, Fixed effect, Probit, and so forth). Running a simple linear regression model is totally acceptable for the course.
5. Where will you get the data? After you get the data, reorganize it so that it is ready for regressions. Literature Review: 1. Search for similar works 2. Describe what these studies find using your own words.
3. How is your research different? What is your contribution? (even if you only make a marginal contribution) Analysis: 1. Report regression results in a table. Include coefficients, standard errors, significant levels, number of observations, and R-square estimates.
2. Interpret your coefficients. 3. What is your conclusion based on the results? What are the possible problems with your findings? Notes: 1. Do not try to be ambitious. As long as your paper economically make sense, employing a simple linear regression model is fine for the course
. 2. If you do not want to write an original paper, you have another choice: replicate the empirical results of an existing study or updating them by applying a different econometric model or using different data sets (updated data or data from different country/state etc.) Then you need to report to me whether you successfully replicated the paper (100% replication is very difficult). If not, what are the reasons for the different results?
An insurance company is offering a new policy to its customers. Typically the policy is bought by a parent or grandparent for a child at the childâs birth. The details ...Aug 09 2020
Four trucks, 1, 2, 3, and 4, are waiting on a loading dock at XYZ Company that has only a single service bay. The trucks are labeled in the order that they arrived at the...Jul 28 2020
How could a company use loyalty programs to influence buyer power? 6. How could a company use switching costs to lock in customers and suppliers? 7. What are Porter's th...Aug 28 2020
ABC Inc. just paid a dividend of $1.55 per share. The dividends are expected to grow at 20 percent for the next fifteen years and then level off to a growth rate of 2.5 p...Aug 17 2020
On November 6, Coleman Corp. reacquired 1,800 shares of its $4 par value common stock for $30 each. On November 20, Coleman Corp. reissued 1,400 shares for $33 each. Whic...Mar 25 2020
Two thousand randomly selected adults were asked whether or not they have ever shopped on the Internet The following table gives a two-way classification of the response...May 02 2020
JEN Corp. is expected to pay a dividend of $4.25 per year indefinitely. If the appropriate rate of return on this stock is 11 percent per year, and the stock consistently...Dec 04 2019
LeBron Furniture Company has the following financial data. Prepare an statement and compute earnings per share. See Table 2–1 as an example.Apr 24 2020
After reading the chapter titled “Fiction As Genre,” in a 150-200 word response, address the following questions. Make sure to support your points with at least 1 seconda...May 21 2020
Advantages of business-to-business franchises include all of the following except: a) tax advantages. b) smaller initial investment. c) ability for home-based work. d) su...Nov 28 2019
Welcome to MyCourseHelp Services, World's leading Academic solutions provider with Millions of Happy Students.