Establishing and replenishing a change fund.
1) A company would use a change fund if
A) there are cash transactions daily.
B) they want to pay the postage expense without writing a cheque.
C) the owner wants to make personal withdrawals easily.
D) None of these are correct.
2) The change fund is what type of account?
3) When a company sets up a change fund account it would be considered a(n)
7.5 Handling transactions involving cash short and over.
1) The entry to replenish a $200 petty cash fund, which has cash of $40 and valid receipts for $148, would include
A) a credit to Cash for $160.
B) a debit to Petty Cash for $160.
C) a credit to Cash for $148.
D) a credit to Petty Cash for $148.
2) Samantha's Tutoring Service's $100 petty cash fund has a shortage of $4. The facts are: $80 in valid receipts for expenses; $16 in coins and currency. The journal entry to replenish the petty cash fund would include a
A) credit to Cash for $80.
B) credit to Petty Cash for $84.
C) credit to Cash Short/Over for $4.
D) debit to Cash Short/Over for $4.
3) Vanessa's Gymnastics' cash register tapes do not agree with cash receipts. The facts are: total cash register tapes $300; total coins and currency $304. The summary journal entry to record the day's transactions would include a
A) $300 debit to Cash; $4 debit to Cash Short/Over; and $304 credit to Sales.
B) $304 debit to Cash; $4 credit to Cash Short/Over; and $300 credit to Sales.
C) $304 debit to Cash and $304 credit to Sales.
D) $300 debit to Cash and $300 credit to Sales.
4) The petty cash overage was not recorded. This would cause
A) revenues to be overstated.
B) revenues to be understated.
C) expenses to be overstated.
D) expenses to be understated.
5) Cash Short and Over is
A) a Misc. Expense account.
B) a Misc. Revenue account.
C) a Misc. Expense or Misc. Revenue account depending on the balance in the account.
D) neither a Misc. Expense nor Misc. Revenue.
6) If the ending balance in the Cash Short/Over account is a credit, it indicates that cash shortages have exceeded cash overages for the period.
7) If the ending balance in the Cash Short/Over account is a debit, it indicates that cash shortages have exceeded cash overages for the period.
8) If there is an overage in the petty cash fund it would be considered other income.
9) Determine the cash short (-) or over (+) given the following:
The balance per the Petty Cash account $75.
The count of coin and currency amounts to $22.
There are receipts: for gas of $9, for office supplies of $18, for first aid supplies $14.
10) Determine the cash short (-) or over (+) given the following:
The balance per the petty cash account $100.
The count of coin and currency amounts to $23.
There are receipts: for telephone costs of $25, for supplies of $6, for transportation $6, for funeral flowers $38.
A homogeneous- good duopoly faces an inverse market demand of p = 120 – Q. Firm 1 has a constant marginal cost of MC1 = 20. Firm 2’s constant marginal cost is MC2 = 30. C...Apr 08 2020
Seether, Inc., has the following two mutually exclusive projects available. Year __________Project R ___________Project S 0 .................. -$55,000 .....................Mar 30 2020
Find the equation of the tangent line and normal line to the curve at the given point.Jun 24 2021
Equal Protection. Abbott Laboratories licensed SmithKline Beecham Corp. to market an Abbott human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) drug in conjunction with one of SmithKline...Jul 28 2021
The ability to develop a secondary immune response is based on________. a. memory cells b. circulating antibodies c. plasma cells d. effector cytotoxic T cells e. mast cellsJun 23 2021
The decimal number equivalent to 1100011 will be (a) 98 (b) 100 (c) 96 (d) 99 ...Jan 11 2018
Problem 7-11 Aging of accounts receivable [LO4]Route Canal Shipping Company has the following schedule for aging of accounts receivable:Age of Receivables April 30, 2013...May 17 2020
Given , which of the following statements must be true?Jul 25 2021
A manufacturing company produces two types of products called X and Y. Each product uses four different machines like lathe, drilling, grinetinizde milling operations. Th...Apr 11 2021
What are the 5 eristics of an 'ideal' power semiconductor switch? an Describe the meaning of (i) holding currents (ii) latching currents >Jul 16 2020