Equity Realty acts as an agent in buying, selling, renting, and managing real estate. The unadjusted trial balance on July 31, 2008, is shown at the top of the following page.
The following business transactions were completed by Equity Realty during August 2008:
Aug. 1. Purchased office supplies on account, $1,500.
2. Paid rent on office for month, $2,500.
3. Received cash from clients on account, $28,720.
5. Paid annual insurance premiums, $3,600.
Aug. 9. Returned a portion of the office supplies purchased on August 1, receiving full credit for their cost, $250.
17. Paid advertising expense, $3,450.
23. Paid creditors on account, $2,670.
29. Paid miscellaneous expenses, $500.
30. Paid automobile expense (including rental charges for an automobile), $1,500.
31. Discovered an error in computing a commission; received cash from the salesperson for the overpayment, $1,000.
31. Paid salaries and commissions for the month, $17,400.
31. Recorded revenue earned and billed to clients during the month, $51,900.
31. Purchased land for a future building site for $75,000, paying $10,000 in cash and giving a note payable for the remainder.
31. Withdrew cash for personal use, $5,000.
31. Rented land purchased on August 31 to a local university for use as a parking lot during football season (September, October, and November); received advance payment of $2,000.
1. Record the August 1 balance of each account in the appropriate balance column of a four column account, write Balance in the item section, and place a check mark (??) in the Posting Reference column.
2. Journalize the transactions for August in a two-column journal. Journal entry explanations may be omitted.
3. Post to the ledger, extending the account balance to the appropriate balance column after each posting.
4. Prepare an unadjusted trial balance of the ledger as of August 31, 2008.
Currently the risk-free rate equals 5% and the expected return on the market portfolio equals 11%. An investment analyst provides you with the following information:a. In...Mar 30 2020
What is a Dutch auction share repurchase?Jun 09 2021
A process that is assumed to be in control with limits of 91 + 2 had sample averages for the X-bar chart of the following: 87.1, 87, 87.2, 89, 90, 88.5, 89.5, and 88. Whi...May 02 2021
According to the equipartition principle, what is the overall energy in J of one mole of water at 1000 K if translational, rotational, and vibrational degrees of freedom ...Jun 10 2020
Why is it better to measure the percent change in mass ratherthan just using the change in mass?Jul 31 2021
Find the area of the finite part of the paraboloid cut off by the plane Hint: Project the surface onto the xz-plane.]Jul 16 2021
What is the production of a good or service in the least costly way termed as?Jun 04 2021
intercontinental baseball manufacturers (IBM) has an outstanding bond with a $1,000 face value that matures in 10 years. The bond, which pays $25 interest every six month...May 13 2020
Assume that you are presently 30 years old and that you intend to retire when you turn 65. You would like to make sure that you have enough funds at the point of retireme...Dec 03 2019
4. DETAILS SCALCET8M 11.3.029. Find the values of p for which the series is convergent. Σ į 1 n(In(n)) n = 2 P-?- VAN AnswerJun 01 2021