22) When you use a computer to write a class report, you are using the computer, storage disk, keyboard, and monitor as tools. You use MS Word or some other word processing program, and type words, sentences, and paragraphs in your report. You also enter your report into the program, print it, and save and back up your file. In this situation, identify the procedure component of an information system.
A) using the computer and storage disk
B) using the keyboard and monitor
C) entering the report, printing it, and saving it
D) using words, sentences, and paragraphs
23) Which of the following is an example of the hardware component of an information system?
A) Web browser
B) operating system
D) data file
24) The five-component framework of an information system consists of computer hardware, software, data, people, and ________.
C) device drivers
25) In a grocery store, the clerk scans the UPC code on an item, which is transmitted to the computer. The actual scanner device is an example of the ________ component of an IS.
26) Which of the following is NOT a key element of the definition of management information systems (MIS)?
A) information systems
B) organizational hierarchy and work structure
C) development and use
D) business goals and objectives
27) Which of the following is a valid reason for a company to create a new information system?
A) The company needs to project a modern image.
B) The company does not want to fall behind the technology curve.
C) The new information system will increase employee productivity.
D) Most companies in the industry use information systems.
28) Which of the following is the most complete and accurate definition of information technology?
A) the products, methods, inventions, and standards that are used to produce information
B) an assembly of hardware, software, data, procedures, and people that produces information
C) systems that are used to process the information that is produced using technology
D) the various data models and software that are used to interpret available information
29) Which of the following distinguishes information systems from information technology?
30) Which of the following is the most crucial requirement for the success of a security system?
A) Users should take security seriously.
B) Firewalls should be installed and updated regularly.
C) Administrative authority should be distributed among team members.
D) Anti-virus software should be installed.
In the shown circuit, the electromotive force of the battery is 10.0 V. Find the value of the the resistor R (in ) such that the power dissipated in it is 18.2 W.May 28 2021
discuss why it is important for a parent or caregiver of young children to know about the topic you chose.Mar 14 2020
Which of the following statements concerning a pure public good is false?It is impossible to exclude nontaxpayers from the receipt of the public goodAll benefits associat...Jul 10 2021
Sketching a Vector In Exercises 87 und 88, sketch the vector v and write its component form.v lies in the yz-plane, has magnitude 2, and makes an angle of with the posit...Aug 05 2021
If you are connected to the internet, and logged into your email, can other people (your email recipients, and other people who you commonly email) hear you? Can they spy...Apr 28 2020
In the long period, the level of output under monopoly is always less than under perfect competition even when a monopolist earns extra-normal profits. Do you agree?Jul 09 2021
How do you solve for the following operations given the vectors, a. b. c. d.Jun 30 2021
Suppose Tex stock has a volatility of 44%, and Mex stock has a volatility of 22%. If Tex and Mex are uncorrelated,a. What portfolio of the two stocks has the same volat...Apr 17 2021
Assume you are working with a firm with the following indicators: Share Price at time 1 = 142 $Earning by share at time 2 = 8 $Portion of earnings paid out of dividends =...Apr 15 2021
Secondary sources in historical researchSelect one:a. reflect the bias of the historian who wrote them.b. are more objective than primary sources.c. are also known as ora...Aug 18 2021