22) When you use a computer to write a class report, you are using the computer, storage disk, keyboard, and monitor as tools. You use MS Word or some other word processing program, and type words, sentences, and paragraphs in your report. You also enter your report into the program, print it, and save and back up your file. In this situation, identify the procedure component of an information system.
A) using the computer and storage disk
B) using the keyboard and monitor
C) entering the report, printing it, and saving it
D) using words, sentences, and paragraphs
23) Which of the following is an example of the hardware component of an information system?
A) Web browser
B) operating system
D) data file
24) The five-component framework of an information system consists of computer hardware, software, data, people, and ________.
C) device drivers
25) In a grocery store, the clerk scans the UPC code on an item, which is transmitted to the computer. The actual scanner device is an example of the ________ component of an IS.
26) Which of the following is NOT a key element of the definition of management information systems (MIS)?
A) information systems
B) organizational hierarchy and work structure
C) development and use
D) business goals and objectives
27) Which of the following is a valid reason for a company to create a new information system?
A) The company needs to project a modern image.
B) The company does not want to fall behind the technology curve.
C) The new information system will increase employee productivity.
D) Most companies in the industry use information systems.
28) Which of the following is the most complete and accurate definition of information technology?
A) the products, methods, inventions, and standards that are used to produce information
B) an assembly of hardware, software, data, procedures, and people that produces information
C) systems that are used to process the information that is produced using technology
D) the various data models and software that are used to interpret available information
29) Which of the following distinguishes information systems from information technology?
30) Which of the following is the most crucial requirement for the success of a security system?
A) Users should take security seriously.
B) Firewalls should be installed and updated regularly.
C) Administrative authority should be distributed among team members.
D) Anti-virus software should be installed.
What is the name of the compound B2Cl2May 21 2021
According to Article III, Section 15 of the Constitution, the writ of habeas corpus may be suspended in times of rebellion or what? A. invasion B. terrorism C. martial...Jul 11 2021
The two voltage sources shown in Figure P8.32 are pressure sensors where, for each source and with8.40 In the circuit shown in Figure P8.32,vS1 = 13 mV vS2 ...Jun 18 2020
How is illegal immigration related to free-riding?Jul 04 2021
Use a graph of the sequence to decide whether the sequence is convergent or divergent. If the sequence is convergent, guess the value of the limit from the graph and then...Jun 25 2021
Everkleen Pool Services (EPS) provides weekly swimming pool maintenance in Jeddah. Dozens of firms provide this service. The service is standardized; each company cleans ...Apr 30 2020
What is the discounted payback period for the investment project that has the following cash flows, if the discount rate is 14 percent? (Do not round intermediate calcula...May 15 2020
A monopolist barber shop sells its services to a continuum of consumers positioned on the [0, 1]interval. They are uniformly distributed on it. The barber shop is positio...Jun 04 2020
The S company has a bond putstanding with a fave valur of $5000 that reaches maturity in 9 years. the bond certificate indicated that the stated coupon rate for this bond...Aug 13 2020
1The reversible 1st order gas reactionA is to be carried out in a mixed flow reactor For operations at 300 K the volume of reactor required is 100 liters for 60% of conve...Jul 17 2020