22) When you use a computer to write a class report, you are using the computer, storage disk, keyboard, and monitor as tools. You use MS Word or some other word processing program, and type words, sentences, and paragraphs in your report. You also enter your report into the program, print it, and save and back up your file. In this situation, identify the procedure component of an information system.
A) using the computer and storage disk
B) using the keyboard and monitor
C) entering the report, printing it, and saving it
D) using words, sentences, and paragraphs
23) Which of the following is an example of the hardware component of an information system?
A) Web browser
B) operating system
D) data file
24) The five-component framework of an information system consists of computer hardware, software, data, people, and ________.
C) device drivers
25) In a grocery store, the clerk scans the UPC code on an item, which is transmitted to the computer. The actual scanner device is an example of the ________ component of an IS.
26) Which of the following is NOT a key element of the definition of management information systems (MIS)?
A) information systems
B) organizational hierarchy and work structure
C) development and use
D) business goals and objectives
27) Which of the following is a valid reason for a company to create a new information system?
A) The company needs to project a modern image.
B) The company does not want to fall behind the technology curve.
C) The new information system will increase employee productivity.
D) Most companies in the industry use information systems.
28) Which of the following is the most complete and accurate definition of information technology?
A) the products, methods, inventions, and standards that are used to produce information
B) an assembly of hardware, software, data, procedures, and people that produces information
C) systems that are used to process the information that is produced using technology
D) the various data models and software that are used to interpret available information
29) Which of the following distinguishes information systems from information technology?
30) Which of the following is the most crucial requirement for the success of a security system?
A) Users should take security seriously.
B) Firewalls should be installed and updated regularly.
C) Administrative authority should be distributed among team members.
D) Anti-virus software should be installed.
Compute the MIRR statistic for Project J if the appropriate cost of capital is 8 percent. (Do not round intermediate calculations. Round your final answer to 2 decimal pl...Aug 12 2020
Do you believe that valuation in finance is about searching for the "true" value of an asset, or a company, or a security?Sep 08 2020
Write a program that inputs a time from the console.The time should be in the format "HH:MM AM" or "HH:MM PM".Hours may be one or two digits, forexample, "1:10 AM" or "11...Apr 17 2020
A small aerospace company is evaluating two alternatives: the purchase of an automatic feed machine and a manual feed machine for a finishing process. The auto-feed machi...May 12 2020
EC Assignment 2 (Up to 2 points, DUE on Tuesday, March 20) Please show as much work as you can to receive full credit. You may turn this sheet in or work on a separate sh...Apr 16 2020
10 men can complete a piece of work in 15 days and 15 women can complete the same work in 12 days. If all the 10 men and 15 women work together, in how many days will the...Mar 25 2020
After working for RoundAbout for a year, you are told that it is time for your Annual Appraisal, and that in one week's time you will have an interYie\\-with a senior man...May 26 2020
The risk-free rate of return is 4 percent and the market risk premium is 8 percent. What is the expected rate of return on a stock with a beta of 1.28?Nov 29 2017
When a monopolist increases the number of units it sell, there are two effects on revenue.A. demand effect and the supply effect.B. competition effect and the cost effect...Jun 05 2018
Evaluate the autocorrelation function of the in-phase and quadrature components of narrowband noise at the coherent detector input for the DSB-SC system. Assume the band-...Jul 30 2020
Welcome to MyCourseHelp Services, World's leading Academic solutions provider with Millions of Happy Students.