a. 1. Describe how expected activity times and variances can be computed in a PERT network.
2. Define earliest start, earliest finish, latest finish, and latest start times.
3. Students are sometimes confused by the concept of critical path, and want to believe that it is the shortest path through a network. Convincingly explain why this is not so.
4. What are dummy activities? Why are they used in activity-on arrow (AOA) project networks?
b. 1. What are the three time estimates used with PERT?
2. Would a project manager ever consider crashing a noncritical activity in a project network? Explain convincingly.
3. How is the variance of the total project computed in PERT?
4. Describe the meaning of slack, and discuss how it can be determined.
Define the beta of a security.Jun 07 2021
Harrison Company maintains a checking account at the First National City Bank. The bank provides a bank statement along with canceled checks on the last day of each month...Jul 14 2021
Transform the integratin dydxdz for z from 0 to 5, x from -6 to 6 and y from -(36-x^2)^(1/2) to -(36-x^2)^(1/2) suitably to find the integral value easily >Aug 06 2020
What is the present value of the mortgage pool? What is the monthly mortgage payment? For the first two payments, what portion is interest and what portion is pr...Nov 25 2019
What are some of the challenges faced by managers of an international business? 150.How is managing an international business different from managing a purely domestic business?Jan 11 2020
A shrink fit assembly, formed by shrinking one tube over another, is subjected to an internal pressure of 60 N/mm2. Before the fluid is admitted, the internal and the ex...Jun 24 2020
Why are LP gasses considered more hazardous than natural gas?Jun 11 2021
Food production has grown faster than the population in Kenya for the last 60 years.Diff: 2Answer: T 12. The critical human capital investments ...Dec 12 2019
Our Company, Inc. has determined that its planned production for the upcoming fiscal year is: Units to be produced; First QuarterProblem 5-1: Your Company, Inc. has det...May 14 2018
How Many Book Stores? The city of Bookburg initially allows only one book store, which sells books at a price of $20 and an average cost of $11. Suppose the city eliminat...Apr 10 2020