Databases are required to keep track of things that involve multiple themes. 2) A databa
Databases are required to keep track of things that involve multiple themes.
2) A database is a self-describing collection of integrated records.
3) Bytes, which are characters of data, are grouped into rows, which are also called tables.
4) Columns are also called fields.
5) A field is a column or group of columns that identifies a unique row in a table.
6) A more formal name for a table is grid.
7) Relational databases have almost disappeared from use.
8) The format of metadata depends on the software product that is processing the database.
9) Databases are self-describing because they contain not only data, but also data about the data in the database.
10) To find out what a database contains, we just look at the metadata inside the database.