Darby Company, operating at full capacity, sold 172,900 units at a price of $75 per unit during the current year. Its income statement is as follows:
|Cost of goods sold||4,600,000|
|Income from operations||$4,692,500|
The division of costs between variable and fixed is as follows:
|Cost of goods sold||60%||40%|
Management is considering a plant expansion program for the following year that will permit an increase of $1,200,000 in yearly sales. The expansion will increase fixed costs by $160,000, but will not affect the relationship between sales and variable costs.
1. Determine the total variable costs and the total fixed costs for the current year.
|Total variable costs||$|
|Total fixed costs||$|
2. Determine (a) the unit variable cost and (b) the unit contribution margin for the current year.
|Unit variable cost||$|
|Unit contribution margin||$|
3. Compute the break-even sales (units) for the current year.
4. Compute the break-even sales (units) under the proposed program for the following year.
5. Determine the amount of sales (units) that would be necessary under the proposed program to realize the $4,692,500 of income from operations that was earned in the current year.
6. Determine the maximum income from operations possible with the expanded plant.
7. If the proposal is accepted and sales remain at the current level, what will the income or loss from operations be for the following year?
8. Based on the data given, would you recommend accepting the proposal?
The following is ABC, Inc.’s, balance sheet (in thousands): ( LG 20-5)Also, sales equal $500, cost of goods sold equals $360, interest payments equal $62, taxes equal $56...May 10 2020
In the Joule-Thomson experiment the initial state of the gas and the final pressure are chosen. The final temperature is measured. Experimental data for nitrogen are show...Jun 06 2020
What are the orders of these compounds in order of increasing magnitude of lattice energy:KCl,SrO,RbBr,CaO.Jun 16 2021
BONUS (20 pts) Show that if the Independence Axiom. has an EU representation, then?must satisfyApr 13 2020
Twenty cubic centimeters each of ethyl alcohol (C2H5 OH; density = 0.79 g/cm3), methyl alcohol (CH3OH; density= 0.81 g/cm3), and water (H7O: density= 1 g/cm3) are mixed t...Jun 09 2020
Answer is c), please provide steps on how to calculate the answerQuestion 93 - 100: Consider an investor that needs to cover a liability of $1,000 in two years from now. ...Aug 29 2020
You purchased six TJH call option contracts with a strike price of $40 when the option premium was quoted at $1.30. The option expires today when the value of TJ stock is...Jun 11 2021
Net Change and Average Rate of Change A function is given.Determine (a) the net change and (b) the average rate of change between the given value of the variable.Jul 10 2021
The following calculations arise in certain highly simplified models of learning processes. Let X1,(t) and X2(t) be independent Poisson processes having parameters λ1, an...Aug 04 2020
If projects are mutually exclusive, only one project can be chosen. The internal rate of return (IRR) and the net present value (NPV) methods will not always choose the s...May 02 2021