Home / Questions / Creating, recording, and posting a debit memorandum for purchase returns when GST or HST
Creating, recording, and posting a debit memorandum for purchase returns when GST or HST is included.
1) All controlling accounts must have a
A) revenue ledger.
B) general ledger.
C) subsidiary ledger.
2) The ledger containing all the balance sheet and income statement accounts is the
A) general ledger.
B) accounts payable subsidiary ledger.
C) accounts receivable subsidiary ledger.
D) payroll ledger.
3) Entries to customers' accounts for sales made with 13% HST are recorded in the
A) accounts receivable subsidiary ledger.
B) accounts payable subsidiary ledger.
C) fixed asset subsidiary ledger.
D) cash subsidiary ledger.
4) A characteristic of a schedule of accounts receivable is that
A) it contains a list of vendor names with balances.
B) the total is equal to the accounts receivable control account at the end of the month.
C) it is prepared at the end of the month.
D) Both B and C are correct.
5) Which of the following statements about subsidiary ledgers is most accurate?
A) The subsidiary ledger accounts will show details of any HST billed.
B) The accounts receivable subsidiary ledger is a book of accounts that provides supporting detail for Accounts Receivable.
C) The subsidiary ledger accounts will total the amount in the Sales account.
D) All of these answers are correct.
6) The accounts payable subsidiary ledger
A) lists accounts alphabetically.
B) lists accounts with which the company does business on a regular basis.
C) has a controlling account in the general ledger.
D) All of the above are correct.
7) The sales for a year were $100,000 and 13% HST. Therefore, the balances in the subsidiary ledger should be $113,000.
8) Individual invoice amounts, including HST, are recorded during the month to the accounts payable ledger.
9) What should always be done after creating the schedule of accounts receivable?
10) Following is the Schedule of Accounts Payable for London Warehouse. Considering GST of 5% is charged on each invoice, what is a breakdown of Purchases and GST Paid for each creditor?
Schedule of Accounts Payable
P. Anders 2,429.70
N. Cassels 5,008.50
Dec 06 2019 View more View Less
Determine the force in members AD, and CE of the truss shown 4.5 m4.5 m-4.5 m 20 kN 20 kN 36 kN A 2.4 mDetermine the force in members AD, and CE of the truss shown 4.5 m4...May 19 2020
In a survey of a group of men, the heights in the 20-29 age group were normally distributed, with a mean of 69.3 inches and a standard deviation of 4.0 inches. A study...Apr 16 2020
What do you think is the most important economic issue facing the United States? Discuss how this issue effects Unemployment, Inflation and Growth.Aug 17 2021
Contrast the contributions of psychology and sociology to organization behavior >May 21 2020
Dissolution of glucose in water is an example of_______ reaction. (a) Adiabatic (b) Isothermal (c) Edothermic (d) ExothermicJul 13 2021
A steel sheet 0.125 in. thick is folded to form a beam with the cross-section shown. The compressive stress during bending is not to exceed 10 ksi. (a) If the bending is ...May 16 2020
NEANDERTHAL HAIR COLORThe MC1R gene regulates pigmentation in humans (Sections 14.1 and 15.1 revisited), so loss-of-function mutations in this gene affect hair and skin c...Jul 06 2021
Which of the following statements regarding the standard cost for direct materials is true A. It would be used on a static budget but not a flexible budget. B. It would...Jan 09 2020
What is the portfolio expected rate of return given the following information:Expansion probability is 55%, Recession probability is 45%Stock A â Expansion return is 15...Jul 16 2021
.Alliances permit firms to sequentially increase their investment should they decide to pursue acquisitions.22.During the first stage of alliance formation, a firm decide...Dec 08 2019